2014/06/06 - [DMFA #1492] Clothes are to naturists what nudity is to others

Started by Carmeops, June 06, 2014, 08:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmeops

so.. does Chicki officially live at Jyrras' place now?

at this point our paparazzi insectis should have her entry in the DFMA cast page :p

Sprocketsdance

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Hariman

Quote from: Carmeops on June 06, 2014, 08:58:55 AM

at this point our paparazzi insectis should have her entry in the DFMA cast page :p

I think she does. Chicki DID say she quit her job when she found the paradise of a section of Jyrras mansion made mostly of candy.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

kztxl7

For some reason the last panel made me immediately think of B.B. Hood from Darkstalkers.

My favorite characters need to stop being sociopaths.

Sprocketsdance

I don't think I quite have the figure for it.

True... square doesn't exactly like rectangle...

ZacAttac21

Given Zezzuva's recent revelation I wouldn't be surprised if she was a spy...

Carmeops

Quote from: CubiKitsune on June 06, 2014, 12:31:47 PM

Given Zezzuva's recent revelation I wouldn't be surprised if she was a spy...
i doubt it: basically their entire insectis colony was turned into cubi, all cubi have wings and their clan's symbol on them

i guess if she was a spy she would paint her symbol, but she doesn't have wings and she seem to be from another specie of insectis than kiki, the clan representative for Zezzuva, so it's unlikely

Riddle78

However,all 'Cubi can shapeshift their wings away. Dan does this regularly.

Scow2

Lightning bolt wouldn't do any good against a rogue (That I suspect the Red Hot rogue is based on, and the issue with Reflex saves that led to the Pillow incident somewhat confirm the link). Rogues have evasion and Good Reflex saves, and Lightning allows a reflex save for half damage. However, a psion or wilder with the equivalent power could instead use the psionic version of the elemental blasting spells, which can allow Cold to be used to target Fortitude instead. That said, psionic augmentations make blasting more expensive than they are for wizards or sorcerers.

lemurvid

Quote from: Scow2 on June 06, 2014, 11:08:23 PM
Lightning bolt wouldn't do any good against a rogue (That I suspect the Red Hot rogue is based on, and the issue with Reflex saves that led to the Pillow incident somewhat confirm the link). Rogues have evasion and Good Reflex saves, and Lightning allows a reflex save for half damage. However, a psion or wilder with the equivalent power could instead use the psionic version of the elemental blasting spells, which can allow Cold to be used to target Fortitude instead. That said, psionic augmentations make blasting more expensive than they are for wizards or sorcerers.
.......... nope. ...Not a word. :)

I'm too old you see. RPG games were after my time. Still, paragraphs like the one above make the regret easier to bear...

I'm not having a go btw. It's just... wow

Prroul

First off, the 'lightning bolt, lightning bolt' is a reference to something which you're probably better off for not having seen. It's... umm... well, let's just say it is a video about LARPing at it's most socially awkward.

Second... what 3.5 caster would bother with blastomancy like Lightning Bolt when they can drop a Save or Lose effect like Stinking Cloud, Glitterdust, or Grease? Casters don't do damage in 3.5, not if they are smart. They simply end the encounter in a single casting.

A Psion, on the other hand, is a pretty effective Blaster. Not in the league of a Mailman build which cheats by using Spell Matrix, Spell Fusion, and Metamagic Shenanigans to get a few thousand d6 in a single round using Orb of Fire. But not bad at going nova. And has some rather cute tricks for regaining his Power Points.

A far cry from Gygax's day, back when players were PLAYERS, and we had our THAC0 and decending AC numbers and loved 'em!

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Prroul on June 08, 2014, 07:03:07 PM
First off, the 'lightning bolt, lightning bolt' is a reference to something which you're probably better off for not having seen. It's... umm... well, let's just say it is a video about LARPing at it's most socially awkward.

Second... what 3.5 caster would bother with blastomancy like Lightning Bolt when they can drop a Save or Lose effect like Stinking Cloud, Glitterdust, or Grease? Casters don't do damage in 3.5, not if they are smart. They simply end the encounter in a single casting.

A Psion, on the other hand, is a pretty effective Blaster. Not in the league of a Mailman build which cheats by using Spell Matrix, Spell Fusion, and Metamagic Shenanigans to get a few thousand d6 in a single round using Orb of Fire. But not bad at going nova. And has some rather cute tricks for regaining his Power Points.

A far cry from Gygax's day, back when players were PLAYERS, and we had our THAC0 and decending AC numbers and loved 'em!

And this is why I don't RP. Got lost at "3.5". :confused

Prroul

Quote from: CubiKitsune on June 09, 2014, 12:29:26 AM

tl;dr version: Wizards don't need to do damage. Wizards just cast 'I win'.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Prroul on June 09, 2014, 12:55:50 AM
Quote from: CubiKitsune on June 09, 2014, 12:29:26 AM

tl;dr version: Wizards don't need to do damage. Wizards just cast 'I win'.

I got the gist of it, it's the finer details that elude me. Seems hella complicated.

Prroul

Quote from: CubiKitsune on June 09, 2014, 02:39:42 AM

I got the gist of it, it's the finer details that elude me. Seems hella complicated.

Well, to be fair, D&D 3.5 is pretty easily broken. There's... some very, very bad things that can be done.

These days, I use a simpler but more entertaining system with similar roots. It's called Legend. It pretty much inverts all the classic D&D tropes and is a hell of a lot more fun to play. Plus the rulebook is free to download at the website.