O RLY owl plushies!

Started by Blazehawk, September 03, 2006, 02:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazehawk

:yarly

I found these today, and figured at least a couple people here would be interested:
http://rahball.furtopia.org/orly-owl/

They are taking preorders for $1.35 each, for them to go into mass production. If they don't get enough for mass producing them at $15 each, then they can make you one personally for $55 at any time.  They won't be mass produced for a couple months though, so the choice is up to you. Oh, and preordering doesn't obligate you to buy one, as this is basically to show that people are interested and would purchase one.

I'm probably getting one either way. Anyone else here going for one?  :3

xHaZxMaTx

So....  It's an owl plushie? :|  What makes it on 'orly?' owl?

Rowne

As rare as Owl plushes are, I've already managed to find two.  Still, that Owl is utterly adorable and that's something I might end up throwing money at, it is something that I would do (considering the size of my existing collection).

I'm baffled by the need for a 'charge', though.  As far as I know, it's possible to setup a direct payment, from bank/card to bank/card, via Paypal, that wouldn't require the extra money.  It only requires that if it's sitting in a Paypal account.  So that's a little odd.  I'm not quibbling, just wondering why he'd set it up that way.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up, Sera.  Let's see how long I can resist the urge to snag yet another plush, for.  <.<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Possibly to cover paypal charges?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rowne

I thought that there was a way that those could be waived though with a direct transfer but I'm just showing my lack of Paypal knowledge there, I admit.  It's possible that that's only with some subscriber service and the more I think about it, the more likely that is.  I suspect that's the case then and either way, he's paying.  My apologies for having brought that up.

llearch n'n'daCorna

FWIW, the only reason I mention it is, on one of the webcomics I read (goblins) the author mentioned that in the current donations thingy, paypal bill him 50c/transaction, so "don't donate less than that, please"

Since Goblins is amusing, I donated 30 quid, which, due to cross-country stuff, works out at just over 60 canadian dollars. Isn't it nice to be earning the hardest currency on the face of the planet? :-)

Rowne

Indeed.

I'm also frequently amused how that translates back aswell.  A World of indie gaming for £12 or less ... at least, when the company selling doesn't go through taxation channels.  <.<

Nikki

Xze wants one but i can't even afford to buy a new toothbrush D:

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Blazehawk

Yeah, basically the 35c is to cover Paypal charges, and Paypal is the easiest, and possibly the safest way to do this.  It's an O RLY owl because of the expression on it. :P

Then again, I think owls are awesome.  :3

Nikki

i should make Hooter plushies =3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Castle Pokemetroid

Hey, I remember that picture . . .

It was used in another forum I've been at before.

rahball

:mowhappy

Hi, Seraline, thank you for mentioning my O RLY owls! :)

Hello, everyone else, I'm the creator of the owl this topic is about. I came in here to say hi because I saw you talking about my project.. ;)

So, if you want to ask anything / yell at me, here I am.

PS - There are Mow icons in here!! I was commissioned to make an eep of a Mow as a gift not so long ago!
:mowhappy :mowmeep :mowhappy

Castle Pokemetroid

So, you're the one!  :mowhappy Is there more than one of those o rly pics?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well, duh. There's a link under it pointing to "more pics here"

http://rahball.furtopia.org/orly-owl/orly-owl-views.jpg

see?

Castle Pokemetroid

I didn't see that . . .

How 'bout more of those pics the doll is based on? Are there more of those?

Roureem Egas

There are plenty more. There's a site dedicated and filled with owl pictures for almost any sort of internet occasion. I forget the url though.

rahball

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on September 04, 2006, 01:09:11 AM
How 'bout more of those pics the doll is based on? Are there more of those?

The photo of the owl's head with the silly expression, and the text underneath is the definitive O RLY owl image. That's the only image the toy is based on.

The actual owl is a snowy owl. If you want to see what snowy owls look like, there are many pictures in Google.

topher chee

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: rahball on September 04, 2006, 01:23:38 AM
The actual owl is a snowy owl. If you want to see what snowy owls look like, there are many pictures in Google.

Kay. *checks*