XFire

Started by xHaZxMaTx, August 19, 2006, 10:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

Anyone who's a PC gamer should kow what XFire is, and if they don't, I pity them.  It's an IM that allows users to chat to eachother in whatever game they're playing without having to minimize, and also allows people to see what games other people are playing in and in what server if they're playing online.  It has a lot of other features, but those are just the ones I can name off the bat.

So if you have XFire, and want to be added to people's friend's list, post your username! :D

And if you don't have XFire, check it out here.

My username is xHaZxMaTx.

bill

Username : fameflame

Haven't used this in many months, so my profile's outta whack.

Blazehawk

I'm on it too, but I haven't used it in forever...just went and updated some crap on my profile.  :P

Username: paradoxic

Nikki

do ya have to play certain games to have this?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

xHaZxMaTx

Nope, you can download regardless of weather you have any games or not.

Nikki

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on August 19, 2006, 11:45:46 PM
Nope, you can download regardless of weather you have any games or not.
score!

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

JousterL

Username is jousterl (surprise surprise), so feel free to add me. While I can't promise 24/7 gaming 'cuz of college, I'm a fairly avid gamer, so. :)

Cvstos

Username: cvstos

Surprise, Surprise.  :)  I don't think I've ever actually used it, though.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Supercheese

Man, I don't even remember what my username is. Never used it, mostly because I play single-player games or WoW... but I do have it. I've not uninstalled it for some reason or another... >.>

mini-lion

username : shadowfox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm. I wonder if gaim supports this.... :)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rowne

I think I've seen a plugin, llearch.  It doesn't allow for the in-game layering though which is what I want.  I'd love to be able to pester people when I'm playing Half-Life 2.

Crap, I've got myself stuck in a Portal gun loop again.  Ohwell, I might aswell take a minute to get back to the IM network.  Hi!  What were we talking about again?

I can't use the actual application though because ... well, commercial IM applications make my skin crawl.  They have a history of bloat, adware and exploits that's probably bigger than Internet Explorer and XP's combined.

Xfire might be alright but I'm frankly too much of a wuss to find out.  It's a shame that something like this hasn't been knocked out by the open source boffins out there.

Supercheese

Hm, this looks useful (is currently using it).

Username: l33tcheese.

HealingBlight

I am joyofjoys, I play FEAR and I have CSs but I suck at it. :)

insanekaosx

username is same as forums name, insanekaosx. I use it mainly, primarily, and pretty much only for recording my AO addiction >>