Dreams of the Past (Expression of interest thread)

Started by Paladin Sheppard, January 05, 2011, 07:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

Your eyes open and stare at the early morning sky, blinking you sit up and look at the remnants of a camp fire.

You can not recall where you are, only pretty sure that it isn't where you went to sleep. And every thing you do remember seems as if a dream...

Resting in your hands is a worn but very well maintained (Pistol, Machine Pistol, Sub-machine-gun, Shotgun, Rifle, Assault Rifle, Marksman Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Rocket propelled Launcher (one of only except for pistols and MPs) ) which for some reason you know is yours and you have carried for what seems forever.

You may (or not) half recall having had the mightiest of magics at your command but when you touch that part of you that taps into it it seems dimmed and weak.

You may (or not) vaguely remember being able to lift small boulders or cutting through metal with your bare hands, but now only feel as strong as a dedicated weight lifter.

As you are collecting your thoughts the silence around you is shattered as a large truck passes nearby. It seems the Camp is only off a major road by a few tens of meters.

Then you realize you aren't alone, and there are others at the camp fire looking just as bewildered as you....

That right folks Paladin is trying his hand at being a RP GM again!

This is only an expression of interest page for the moment, but should I get enough people wanting to play I'll crank out an OOC for characters to be posted and denied/approved.

SquirrelWizard

Hell, I'd be up for it, I'd have some general questions regarding the world though, depending on how much you've got worked out.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Paladin Sheppard

I'll answer what I can without giving away free clues as what is going on.

SquirrelWizard

allowed races, general level of technology, general level of magic within the realm.

How bad is the character's amnesia? How far back does it go?

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Paladin Sheppard

Any race is acceptable really. Tech wise late 20th early 21st century tech is the game level, nothing that the character may have had in their 'dream' is with them.
As for magic it exists is all I can say.

And as for amnesia, everything the can remember is like a dream, as for this place however they have no idea, although they will understand how to use the tech of the world instinctivly.

SquirrelWizard

right, so do they know who they are? Do they have childhood memories? or is it like a clean blank slate?

Paladin Sheppard

They know who they are and where they are from, but as I said it is remembered as if from a dream.

That_wolf

This sounds really interesting, and I would love to join.

Question, so they can have any gun? also, what do you mean by "one of only except for pistols and MPs"?
Abel needs a hug...

Paladin Sheppard

Any current weapon from the current time period yes they can have, even if it is something exotic like a G11.

As for the limit...This isn't a FPS so you realistically can only carry say a rifle and a pistol, or a GL and a MP, but not a RPG and an Assault rifle.

Chairtastic

I express interest.  But request general information, like the basics for characters of this setting.

Paladin Sheppard

What basics are you after Meany?

If you mean a character sheet I'll post an example in an OOC if this gets off the ground.

AmberCross

RPs with dreams as a major element always grab my attention. So naturally this thread sort of caught my eye. And by that I mean it lasso'd me around the neck and dragged me into replying. And now to gather enough info to figure out if this is actually going to be good or if you're just yanking my chain ;)

Okay questions...
1) Does our item have to be a gun? Could it be say... a sword instead? Or something which is technially a gun but functions as something else also (aka gunblade?)
2) Does it have to be modern age or can it be something out of a western or the civil war?
3) Is it possible to have more than one assuming reasonably portable (which is what I THINK you just said...)? If so, would they need to be a set?
4) Their previous life is remembered as a dream... do they have anything they remember as real? (such as the dreams of their 'dream')
5) Will personalities and other details match up perfectly with dream memories? (Such as scars, clothes, etc and will they have had their guns in their dreams?)
6) What kind of abilities can our characters do in this new realm? Could cubi still shapeshift? Or are they just completely average humans capability wise?
7) Can you give us a basic premise of what's going to happen (while avoiding spoilers)? Something sort of like the back of a book cover...

Paladin Sheppard

Damn you make it hard not to spoil anything AC....I'll try and answer what I can without giving away to much of the mystery.

1. No it does not need to be a gun but swords and other weapons are unlikely in this setting.
2. A musket is very unlikely, but say a Winchester .357 Repeater (like a modern replication) is fine.
3. I'm striving for a Realistic Carrying weight, and while a person could carry a RPG and say a machine gun, it wouldn't be for long considering how much a decent amount of ammunition weighs. And there will be other tings to carry as well.
4. As of right now (You) have nothing in your possession, except traveling clothing of an indeterminate make and what ever firearm you chose.
5. Physical form is identical to what (you) remember from the dream.
6. Magical abilities such as a Cubi's shape shifting or a demon's skin hardening is seriously limited at this time. (this also includes flying)
7. Pretty much the description so far is really all I can give :B

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

AmberCross

You give frustratingly little information, but it is enough to intrigue me I suppose. When you make the OOC thread I'll pm you in order to try working out details such as what weapon I'd like and match it up with what weapon might be appropriate and other related stuff.

Ren Gaulen

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: AmberCross on January 06, 2011, 03:55:24 AM
You give frustratingly little information

Seconded, but heck, I think I'll give this a shot, just for a change of pace. Can I have a stungun or taser as my weapon?

Paladin Sheppard

Sorry for the frustration guys, but the lack of information is part of the mystery.

Paladin Sheppard

Double post (cause I can :P)

Seeing as I think this is enough interest I shall get to work on the OOC thread.