Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Started by Tapewolf, December 14, 2010, 04:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Supposedly for release around November next year.  I guess we'll see.  Hopefully they won't break it or dumb it down too much, Oblivion wasn't sooo great in that regard...

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/12/14/0129225/The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Announced-for-November-2011

...it's been ages since I was looking forward to a game like this.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Inumo

I have two words for this moment:

HECK YES!!!

Now, to stalking the development of the game!

Ryudo Lee

I sure hope they do it right.  I am anxious to see how they handle dragons in this game.  Also, Nords are basically vikings, so I'm predicting major amounts of win here.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Reese Tora

As excited as I am that another installment of The Elder Scrolls is in the pipeline, the fact that the first news release for it contains a release date is troubling to me.  As fickle as game development time is, and considering how many games there are that were garbage for trying to meet a deadline that turned out to be too early.  Setting a specific release date is almost a grantee that someone will be disappointed by a late release or a buggy, untested game game.

Now, granted, this is less than a year before release, which means they've been working on the game in secret for a while before now, so maybe they have the game to a point where they are confident they can meet the deadline.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation