IRC issues

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, October 30, 2010, 09:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Afternoon, folks.

The IRC server is down - the host it's on has had a raid card failure, and as such, is a little bit dead at the moment.

An engineer is on the way to replace it, after which everything should be restarted, but in the mean time, it's down, and I have no way of fixing the issue.

HTH, HAND.

(Oh, and yes, this is unrelated to the forum, but I figured anyone who wanted to know what was up with it would probably come here as a second option, so...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Suwako

Good to know, hope it doesn't cost you anything. ^_^

llearch n'n'daCorna

Other than the standard support, no, no extra cost involved.

The drives have been swapped over to another chassis, so all new CPU, memory, and motherboard. Booting as we speak, one hopes.

Drayco84

I was wondering what happened...

Anyway, it looks like it's back up. (At least, it is for me, Tezkat, and E|Voyager.)

EDIT: And the near-20 people on Comic Frenzy...

llearch n'n'daCorna

... not at present, no.

It was kinda sorta up, but nobody could actually log into it, due to some ACPI issues on the host. They're rebooting again, one hopes for the last time.

Of course, a full reboot takes half an hour or so, due to the number of VMs on the host...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Server is back up, but there will be more outages later this week when they move it from server a to server b, soas to get it off the busted one. maybe.

We'll see. Watch this space.