04/05/2010 [Clan Leaders #15] - Mink for Triwing!

Started by Shachza, April 05, 2010, 10:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taltamir

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on April 06, 2010, 12:01:56 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on April 05, 2010, 11:46:13 PM
I feel bad for covering up some of the text.

The age Mink listed was "Not Telling" just in case you were wondering.

Okay everyone needs a Goal... Let's see

Affinity: Awesomeness.  (that is near to Pride, there somehow)
Clan Strength: 1 * (since he has not gain TRi-wing rank, yet)

Clan traits
I like Tentacles and that should be that

Status
That's Nag a trimph,  I'm making *****  ***** Progress or Is it greatness?

Well, GOOD LUCK with that, Mink.  We need you..

PBH

Mink is a HE! O.o... o.O... X.X

I am so confused right now...

Pagan

We are not actually one hundred percent certain. He looks male (if very cute and effeminate). He could just be a female with no Non-Mammal Mammaries. Though I doubt that, as Amber has given breasts to birds and numerous reptiles.

However, because all the text we have about Mink from Amber is gender-ambiguous, we cannot say for certain if Mink is male or female. I assume male because no boobs.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Anker Steadfast

Mink is a squiqqly, there's no more gender than that. :)

Oh, and wouldn't it just be a lovely plot twist if Abel's tentacles suddenly began sprouting heads ?
We could have another "My wings just tried to make cofee" line ... again.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Pagan

Wouldn't that mean that Aniz had gotten tri-wing status and became the new clan leader? Oh god. That's a scary thought.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

taltamir

Quote from: Pagan on April 08, 2010, 08:23:48 AM
We are not actually one hundred percent certain. He looks male (if very cute and effeminate). He could just be a female with no Non-Mammal Mammaries. Though I doubt that, as Amber has given breasts to birds and numerous reptiles.

However, because all the text we have about Mink from Amber is gender-ambiguous, we cannot say for certain if Mink is male or female. I assume male because no boobs.

Heh, gotta love TVtropes... also gotta love non mammal mammaries :P

I would like to remind everyone that shirtless males have nipples though (and usually hair too, my chest is quite hairy and quite nippled). And a toned female could have pecks like a guy would, and many females are naturally flat as a board. (and then there are moobs... shudder).

I surmised that the lack of nipples while shirtless indicates that mink is using his/her shape-shifting to present a more "stylized" appearance. or some such... or that amber "forgot" that males have nipples :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: taltamir on April 08, 2010, 03:26:12 PM
I would like to remind everyone that shirtless males have nipples though (and usually hair too, my chest is quite hairy and quite nippled).

As Turnsky would put it, fur should cover them.  Though in the case of Mink, I'm not sure he actually is furred.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sind

Mink is

And that is all we need to know  :U

taltamir

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 08, 2010, 03:49:34 PM
Quote from: taltamir on April 08, 2010, 03:26:12 PM
I would like to remind everyone that shirtless males have nipples though (and usually hair too, my chest is quite hairy and quite nippled).

As Turnsky would put it, fur should cover them.  Though in the case of Mink, I'm not sure he actually is furred.

Mink doesn't have fur AFAIK

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Pagan on April 08, 2010, 02:36:43 PMWouldn't that mean that Aniz had gotten tri-wing status and became the new clan leader? Oh god. That's a scary thought.

Well, either that or Abel suddenly became clan leader.
Or perhaps Siar isn't entirely as dead as everyone thinks.
Or something else entirely happens.

It was just a thought. :)

Alterationartist

Quote from: Pagan on April 08, 2010, 08:23:48 AM

Heh.

This is funny.

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,5630.msg261850.html#msg261850

I made that exact same speculation, back when I thought Abel was gay.

So personally, given the "slip ups" so far, I find it safe to mark him as a he.

EDIT: Since Mink only exists in the distant past so far, it may not be completely safe to write Mink off as a..... dare I say it..... potential clan leader. Because it doesn't explain why Mink vanishes from the picture when Abel needed a new roommate in his first appearance (i.e. still in said school) after having gone through so many prior, as implied.

And, at least to me, the teacher's comment feels like thick ironic foreshadowing to me. It just... does.
Round 9!

AmigaDragon

I wasn't sure I wanted to start a whole thread for this, but then I saw this one pop up again...
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 07, 2010, 02:31:35 PM
 Most of them (the tri-wings) were killed off, but losing a leader doesn't automatically wipe out the entire clan.
They will still have the clan mark, but they will lose the tentacle-heads which are only normally found on clans with a living, tri-winged leader (they can be faked though).
Clans who have a tri-winged leader are considerably more powerful - i.e. the individual members are more powerful - than clans who don't.

Do 'cubi with tentacle heads have some conscious perception through them? In other words, (if they try) can they see and hear through those heads?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 27, 2010, 02:38:16 AM
Do 'cubi with tentacle heads have some conscious perception through them? In other words, (if they try) can they see and hear through those heads?

Apparently, yes.  Amber said a couple of years ago that this was one of the problems Dan was having at first, it was like he'd suddenly grown eyes in the back of his head and his brain wasn't used to processing the extra information.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alterationartist

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 27, 2010, 06:24:57 AM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 27, 2010, 02:38:16 AM

Apparently, yes.  Amber said a couple of years ago that this was one of the problems Dan was having at first, it was like he'd suddenly grown eyes in the back of his head and his brain wasn't used to processing the extra information.

Ah yes, Dan's brain and processing...

It was a match made in hell.
Round 9!

AmigaDragon

But I suppose he still has to become conscious of the extra perception, even if he's gotten used to the increased input to reduce headaches.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Anker Steadfast

Although not canon, in the Janus Bond story line, Dan was noted to be a very good marksman because of the multiple heads.

Scow2

Now I feel like writing a DMFA-based Cyberpunk story set in the distant future (JyCorp Takes Over The World) starring a Cubi from Clan Mink as he fights oppression and seeks to bring down the corrupt corporation that has strayed far from it's founder and first CEO's original dream...

VAE

Quote from: Scow2 on April 29, 2010, 09:13:47 PM
Now I feel like writing a DMFA-based Cyberpunk story set in the distant future (JyCorp Takes Over The World) starring a Cubi from Clan Mink as he fights oppression and seeks to bring down the corrupt corporation that has strayed far from it's founder and first CEO's original dream...
I do not know whether good or bad but i have been thinking of this as well , just not cyberpunkishly.
Imagine cubi in factories conjuring miniature transistors (they are regular structure silicon with just a percentage of impurities - comparably easy stuff) and assembling circuits for minimum wage...
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Scow2 on April 29, 2010, 09:13:47 PM
Now I feel like writing a DMFA-based Cyberpunk story set in the distant future (JyCorp Takes Over The World)...

New clan... Clan Jycorp. Clan quirk: no members were born (or would mature into) 'cubi, transformation is via special permanent patches. Clan affinity: geekiness.

TheAuldGrump

Hey, I'd vote for Mink as Tri-Wing. (Umm, if there were elections for Tri-Wing. :P )

I've always had a weakness for octopuses - I had a teacher who had one as a pet, you really aren't prepared for the little things to be friendly. Mrs. Grundy - the octopus, was a real sweetheart. Shaking hands with an octopus feels exactly the way you would think that it would. Mrs Grundy would fit in a teacup, and could squeeze through a passage the size of a keyhole. I have no idea whether Mrs. Grundy was male or female.

The Auld Grump

Anker Steadfast

An octopus as a pet ?

Dang.

Now I'm envious - I want one!

Kira

Mink's cool, but I didn't recall seeing him in the cubi academy arc when re-reading the archives. :mowignore
Hope he's not gonna end up another casuality in Abel's backstory. :mowsad

Robbychu

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 08, 2010, 02:47:29 AM
An octopus as a pet ?

Dang.

Now I'm envious - I want one!

Bit of advice: Don't keep fish in the same room as them. Covered tank or not, those fish will be eaten. ...Heck, just trying to keep the darn things in their tanks when they get bored is an adventure in and of itself! :U A quick game of "Chase the octopus" anyone?

Remember: the hypothetical offspring of a corvid and a octopus is my number-one canidate for taking over the world!
THIS POST WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY ALL CAPS. :)

Rheeeeeeeee...

Anker Steadfast

pshaw ... I'd make an aquarium just for the octopussy  .. and instead of making it square, I'd make it out of a bunch of interconnected tubes, so I could watch it as it would disassemble it's skeleton and squeeze trough the tubes, and then reconnect the skeleton ... because that would be *so* cool.

taltamir

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 13, 2010, 04:08:10 PM
pshaw ... I'd make an aquarium just for the octopussy  .. and instead of making it square, I'd make it out of a bunch of interconnected tubes, so I could watch it as it would disassemble it's skeleton and squeeze trough the tubes, and then reconnect the skeleton ... because that would be *so* cool.

it doesn't disassemble its skeleton, it doesn't HAVE a skeleton, period.

Anker Steadfast

Well, true enough, but it looks like it does.
Basically, it just looks way cool when they squeeze trough stuff. :)

liari

Ooh, octopus as a pet?  That sounds amazingly fun.  I wonder if Mink would like an octopus for a pet?  Tentacles for a clan symbol!   :mowdizzy  Wait, that might not work out well...