Has anyone ever counted the number of appearances of each character?

Started by Titanium Dragon, February 21, 2010, 03:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanium Dragon

I was just thinking about this, and while I know it is a completely OCD thing to think about, I was wondering if anyone keeps a count of the number of appearances of each character. I'm more curious than anything else about it; I just want to know if someone has done it before I do something stupid, like the next time I go through the archive start counting.

Madd the Sane

I think I remember someone mentioning a tagging project. Don't know where it is, though.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Distracting

How do you mean? Per strip? Panel? Per first introduction to a new character and/or comic? I'm sure it wouldn't be terribly hard with a few hours, a pencil, and some paper.

Bjalf

Pen and paper? Nooo, we need a high-tech solution involving dual monitors and a ginormous spreadsheet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Distracting on February 21, 2010, 04:09:05 AM
How do you mean? Per strip? Panel? Per first introduction to a new character and/or comic? I'm sure it wouldn't be terribly hard with a few hours, a pencil, and some paper.

More than a few.

Not least, there's (as of strip 944 - I'm well behind in updating the scripts) something on the order of 289 speaking roles in the comic; heaven only knows how many non-speaking roles there are.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sind

heh, I kinda want to know this too, even though it might not be important or anything =P