I just got the call. (Border Update)

Started by Chaos, November 23, 2009, 07:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 27, 2009, 04:41:48 PM
As for my snake though, I admit I feed it live mice. The lumpshnake is a 4-foot terror who in theory could start eating rats if she wanted, but I opt for just feeding her a lot of smaller mice because it poses less risk for injury and because it is easier on her digestion.  She usually goes through about 3-5 mice a week.

Explains the lumps. 3-5 lumps a week, right? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stig Hemmer

First, a somewhat belated WOHO! to the good news! :kirby

I would, however, like to object to the news post: You are NOT a dinkface.  You are in fact one of the least dinkfacey people I know!  So there.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Prof B Hunnydew

Amber is A Dink ???  Sorry I am not sure that a webcomic counts as a dual income..for a Dual Income No Kids couple..... :erk :erk

PBH

Ted Schiller

Now that you are in Canada, we will have to send you blankets, lots of blankets.  Canadians snuggle up against Minnesota to keep warm.   :sneeze

I hope it's the very best.  :)

With regards,
Ted

Jakzurr

Really, really big congrats, Amber!

When the cards arrive, you'll be a card carrying Canadian, right?  I guess we should make that a card carrying Canadian comic crafter!

OK, up way too late.  But really happy to finally hear your good news.   :mowhappy

WojtekPod

MT Hazard

I'm guessing Canada doesn't have the same immigration problem as the USA but pre-emptively made it as difficult as possible to live there.

So congratulations to Amber for fighting here way though a lake of forms and and a forest of red tape!
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

AmigaDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 27, 2009, 04:17:41 PM
Quote from: Sofox on November 26, 2009, 07:04:47 PM
Yeah, that is actually a bad idea.

So how the heck did the pet shop kill the rats?

by either not killing them, and merely putting them to sleep before feeding them to the snake, or by knowing which things you can give the rat to put it to sleep without affecting the snake.

Either way, it requires knowing what you're doing. Which I'd expect a pet store to know about, whereas your average owner might need to go ask the pet store about...

I'd hope pet stores know what they're doing, even other stores that merely have a pet section, but sadly that's not always the case. We don't have any real pet stores within 100 mile radius, so we have to put up with the latter or drive farther (or mail order). How many of these pet departments in other stores give rodent owners a bedding option that isn't pine or cedar?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

TheAuldGrump

Now that a major source of stress is done with, I would not be surprised if Amber's general health begins to improve. Stress is very, very wearing.

The Auld Grump