Cafe Press - Good or Evil?

Started by Kishyka_Stormwalker, October 20, 2008, 01:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kishyka_Stormwalker

Good day all,

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for such a question.  I remember reading something where Amber mentioned bad experiences with Cafe Press, but I can't seem to find more specific info. I apologize that I cannot seem to dig it up at the moment, but the flu medicines I am on right now being harsher than the flu itself, my mind has the consistency of warm oatmeal at the moment.

May I please inquire as to your experiences with Cafe Press? I was thinking of selling some of my photography to make a little extra money, but I'm concerned. I have bought one or two things from them in the past and had no problems.  Being a seller, however, opens me up to a whole new level.

I would greatly appreciate your time, answers, suggestions, tarot readings, etc.

Thank you.

-Kishy

llearch n'n'daCorna

Amber's commentary on it was here, but that doesn't say anything about Cafe Press itself.

There's more chatter on the next page from a number of interested parties, at least some of whom know what they're talking about... They might be useful starting points.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jigsaw Forte

Zazzle is superior AFAIK -- not only have I heard fewer complaints about them, they offer a wider selection of exclusive stuff compared to Cafepress (shoes, skateboards, stamps vs. some camcorder) and also have said items in several more sizes and options than Cafepress.

Also, Zazzle Stuff can be customized further by the customer in addition to your designs; Cafepress doesn't allow that.

TheDeere

Sorry, bad post, can't seem to delete it. I've never sold anything online so can't comment. :/

llearch n'n'daCorna

You can't delete anything on here, TheDeere. Only the mods can.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tycoon

There are forums where one can delete his posts? What trickery is this?

AmigaDragon

At Planetfurry you can delete your own posts.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

VSMIT

At a forum I'm on, the topic starter can lock a topic or burn it, if he wants to.  But I don't think that someone can just kill only their post.

Kishyka_Stormwalker

Thanks a bunch for the info and replies. Sorry about the late update. Work has been...interesting.

Take care all.

-Kishy

Azraelle

Might also want to check out printfection.com - prices are better on merchandise than CafePress and it doesn't cost anything to run your store.