Yay, Spring!

Started by TheGreyRonin, April 25, 2008, 03:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreyRonin

It's April 25th, 2008. My windows are covered with ice, and there are drifts topping three feet tall in front of my house.

I'm not complaining; I like cold weather. I just find it funny to be in a blizzard when three days ago it was over 60 and the state called a burning ban. *grins*

Alondro

It was 80 F here yesterday in Philly (and at home in NJ) and today was 76.  I hate cold. 

I LOVE global warming!  Screw the polar bears!  Screw the poor people living in low-lying areas!  I'm gonna have beach front property in central Jersey when the sea level rises!  I'll be growing palm trees in the subtropical climate! 

*Charles burns oil at a frenetic pace!  He burns Coal!  Sets forests on fire!  Destabilizes methane hydrates on the sea floor!  Can nothing stop this madman?!* 

:mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Valynth

You're suffering from something called "GlobalWarmicus Lackis."
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Eibborn

Uh, yeah. I just drove for an hour in blizzard-like conditions (and believe me, I don't use the term loosely), at times having to slow to 60km/h on the highway for safety's sake. Spring can show up aaaany day now, please.

...I would prefer an ordinary blizzard to this. At least then, the snow wouldn't be melting beneath my wheels!  D|
/kicks the internet over

gh0st

it's really wierd where i live, it got to seventy for the past two weeks, yet if you went like ten miles north you would hit snow drifts seven feet high.

stupid global warming

Alondro

*Next week, there's an ice age*

It MUST be due to global warming!   D:

PS:  You all do know Cuba's been practically under water a whole bunch of times, and under melting glaciers in Canada the remains of large forests are being found... only about 12,000 years old!  Hmm... big warming period and then sudden change to ice-age.  Uh-oh. 

PPS:  Greenland used to have farming in about 900 AD too.  Best sell your beach house now.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Valynth

Quote from: Alondro on April 27, 2008, 04:15:20 PM
*Next week, there's an ice age*

It MUST be due to global warming!   D:

Old and busted:  Blaming global warming, New hotness:  Blaming Bush
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Brunhidden

in my homeland of cheeseland this is the time of year which is a devious rat bastard- it gives you sunny false hope and then randomly returns with freezing weather, surprise sleet storms, and the ever fun days of having to use both the AC and heat in your car during the SAME DAY because temperatures will swing between 80 and 55 in less then three hours

spring is an illusion, a lie, its only purpose is to toy with you. if i ever find a country that spends over half the year in autumn i will move there in a heartbeat
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Alondro

Quote from: Brunhidden on April 28, 2008, 06:17:14 AM

spring is an illusion, a lie, its only purpose is to toy with you. if i ever find a country that spends over half the year in autumn i will move there in a heartbeat

Isn't that New Zealand?   :B