02/24/08 [#64] - Glass cleavage? o_0

Started by techmaster-glitch, February 24, 2008, 02:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

And so a plot-relevant object is introduced!
...Or is it? :shifty...

It looks like she's got a little spirit of some kind in that thing.

AndersW

Is it just me or is she giving him the finger behind the word balloon?

I also wonder what she has is.  I think it is some sort of charm or protective amulet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on February 24, 2008, 04:09:08 PM
I also wonder what she has is.  I think it is some sort of charm or protective amulet.
I have a gut feeling it's somehow related to her leaving her home system.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

my guess is theres something trapped within, and shes its gaurdian, or possibly vice versa.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Fuyudenki

I'm now vividly imagining shards of glass orb stuck in my pectoral muscles.  I did not need that.

Wanting to know who WhiteNoise is going to choose.

What I'm curious about, though, is why clothing apparently causes scan errors, but fur doesn't?  Theoretically, one could still wear tight-fitting underwear in the scanning room, right?

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Volfram on February 26, 2008, 09:19:52 PM
I'm now vividly imagining shards of glass orb stuck in my pectoral muscles.  I did not need that.

Wanting to know who WhiteNoise is going to choose.

What I'm curious about, though, is why clothing apparently causes scan errors, but fur doesn't?  Theoretically, one could still wear tight-fitting underwear in the scanning room, right?

Underwear restricts the natural 'hang' of the body and ill-fitting stuff will just make unsightly bumps in those areas which the machine will then be expected to compensate for.

Also, the machine is perfectly fine with "organic" materials like fur; it's mostly concerned about shiny reflections back at it. Most clothing in this time period not only has synthetics that can cause unwanted reflections, but also embedded circuitry. One might ask why your underwear needs a gadget inside of it, but it's worth pointing out that given how much stuff is centered around the human groin even in modern society, there's a hell of a market for this sort of thing even before you get into things like the improved STD detection rate.

Brunhidden

or they could use the approach used in 'freefall' where they dump a bucket of water on the victim to make a clearer scan
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Reese Tora

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 27, 2008, 12:07:17 AM
or they could use the approach used in 'freefall' where they dump a bucket of water on the victim to make a clearer scan

Yeah, but she was already naked at that point.
(I suspect these scanners were probably designed with fur in mind as well.)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation