02/16/06 [#63] - Break a leg! Oh yeah, you don't have one...

Started by techmaster-glitch, February 16, 2008, 12:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Yep, that worked all right.
I still have no idea why Jig actually wants her, of all prisoners...
It's also a little difficult to tell what's going in in the first and last panels...I still can't figure out the first :B

Brunhidden

you can't see the benefit of having a mad scientist as your servant? only every freaking overlord in history has or was a mad scientist, theres gotta be a use for one.

first panel, looks like lizard lips isn't exactly pleased with the course of events but decides its not worth getting irritated about, last panel is the good doctor being released from the wall and landing in a compromising position on top of the good Capitan in what looks like a bootylicious way.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 16, 2008, 08:47:31 AM
you can't see the benefit of having a mad scientist as your servant? only every freaking overlord in history has or was a mad scientist, theres gotta be a use for one.
Oh I know the benifits of having an S.R.M.D.-inflicted servant. The problem is, in that scenario, they tend to be smarter than you, and resent having to work for someone dumber than them. This leads them to think up some inventive and inescapable ways to thouroughly stab you in the back. I was putting Daisy with the same group that White Noise was rattling off for the same reason; too untrustworthy.
That's why I am the mad scientist, rather than having one as a servant >:3

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 16, 2008, 08:47:31 AM
first panel, looks like lizard lips isn't exactly pleased with the course of events but decides its not worth getting irritated about, last panel is the good doctor being released from the wall and landing in a compromising position on top of the good Capitan in what looks like a bootylicious way.
Yes, the second panel I got after a head-turn, it was just a little confusing at first. The first one, however, I couldn't figure out; it looks like a close-up of something, but of what, exactly?

Pagan

It's a close up of Cypress's hip and hand, the hand being clinched in some emotion. Anger or intense irration or something.

And judging from what Jiggy's thinking in the last panel, I think we're seeing a bit of Jig's plan for going to the Last Resort. Her plan probably involved getting close to Daisy.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Stupid N00bie

I'm going to have to disagree with that.
In the last page she has a bit of an 'oh shi-' moment right before White Noise says Daisy's name, which makes me think that she was just going off of his assessment of the henchmen.
She was just saying at least that worked due to it being a spontaneous outburst and not a definite 'I'll take that one.'

Also, Hi.
Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything?
Creation takes time.
Time is limited... for you.
It is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain.
I have no such limitations.
I am limited only by the closure of the universe.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe,
as inevitable as your own last breath.
And yet, there remains time to create. To create, and escape.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nice name, there.

Yeah, my call is that she has picked up on who she wants... and Daisy knows her. What's not clear is if Jig knows Daisy. And, fairly certainly, Daisy knows more than is safe for Jig.

And Daisy is a right pain in the arse to people around her.

As for SRMD, it works having someone more intelligent work for you, provided both of you recognise that the sufferer is more intelligent than the leader, and the leader is leading the SRMD-er in the direction that the SRMD-er wants to go.

Sort of like leading a pig.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears