2Chan redesigns the Union Jack

Started by superluser, December 12, 2007, 08:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

A Labour MP from Wales suggested that the flag of the United Kingdom be redesigned to feature the Welsh dragon, so The Telegraph ran a contest.

2Chan offered to help. (If anyone can find a link, I'd love it)

I eagerly await the 4Chan version, which will (of course) be the goatse hands stretching out the St. Patrick's Cross.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zina

It looks like the thread it all started on is long gone(not surprising. 2chan moves pretty fast). Right now this is all I can find:
http://zip.2chan.net/6/res/1137710.htm
Apparently one of 2chan's entries got second place, or something.

Dannysaysnoo

2chan? i thought that 4chan was the most twisted wed page ever, but now it has an evil twin?

bill

2chan was the original, right? 4chan was the second one and wait why do i know this

Zina

2chan came before 4chan. 4chan was based off of 2chan.
There's also 7chan, 12chan, 420chan, Fchan, Fapchan, among many others.
Terms like "sage"(Japanese for "to lower") originated from 2chan. It's also the largest internet forum in the world.

NOT LIKE I GO TO ANY OF THESE BOARDS OR ANYTHING.

Tapewolf

Nice one.  I'm not actually Welsh but I do think that having a dragon in the Welsh flag is pretty hardcore.  Anyway, I'm going to have to forward this around the office, I think - too bad I forgot about this earlier today :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

DarkAudit

If it came from the *chans, it's crap. end of discussion.  :mwaha
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: DarkAudit on December 14, 2007, 12:14:51 AM
If it came from the *chans, it's awesome beyond all human comprehension.  I am but a humble worm in front of it's magnificent radiance. end of discussion.   :pzilla

Fixed :3

RJ

Quote from: Zina on December 13, 2007, 05:31:11 PM
Terms like "sage"(Japanese for "to lower") originated from 2chan. It's also the largest internet forum in the world.

...Hang on - if 4chan is bad, and 7chan is worse, and 12chan is the internet quagmire, then what the hell is 420chan?

Reese Tora

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2007, 05:32:48 PM
Nice one.  I'm not actually Welsh but I do think that having a dragon in the Welsh flag is pretty hardcore.  Anyway, I'm going to have to forward this around the office, I think - too bad I forgot about this earlier today :P

Not to mention what it does to the kiddies that are required to draw thier nation's flag in school...

Quote from: RJ on December 14, 2007, 01:47:19 AM

...Hang on - if 4chan is bad, and 7chan is worse, and 12chan is the internet quagmire, then what the hell is 420chan?

google 420 (or, rather, 4:20), and make sure you're not using a school computer at the time, that's all I'll say :paranoid
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

ShadesFox

Ever hear of the protest outside of Anthro Con?
The All Purpose Fox

DarkAudit

Quote from: ShadesFox on December 14, 2007, 02:01:19 AM

Ever hear of the protest outside of Anthro Con?

I so wanted those idiots to take a little walk down Liberty Ave., or maybe a stroll through the Hill District.

Tell me now, 'nigra', does sucking on the business end of a loaded 9mm still give you the lulz?
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: DarkAudit on December 14, 2007, 01:05:25 PM
I so wanted those idiots to take a little walk down Liberty Ave., or maybe a stroll through the Hill District.

Tell me now, 'nigra', does sucking on the business end of a loaded 9mm still give you the lulz?

Heh. I think it was funnier to have them in the pics from AC, all two or four of them or whatever, in the rain.

That and the pics of them with the fursuiters, and being provided AC umbrellas, etc...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

Terms like "sage"(Japanese for "to lower") originated from 2chan.

Feh!  Shows how much Zina knows!  'Sage', or Salvia officinalis, is a culinary herb native to the Mediterranean region!

It's one of the major Italian cooking herbs! 

Eat it, Japan!   :mwaha

:tmyk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Quote from: Alondro on December 14, 2007, 07:01:39 PM
Terms like "sage"(Japanese for "to lower") originated from 2chan.

Feh!  Shows how much Zina knows!  'Sage', or Salvia officinalis, is a culinary herb native to the Mediterranean region!

It's one of the major Italian cooking herbs! 

Eat it, Japan!   :mwaha

:tmyk

Well, they might if you put it in a tasty dish.

Zedd

Omega

Personally, I try to stay in smaller, more underground places. Like in here!!

rabid_fox

This reminds me of the trijack.

Let me explain.

N. Ireland - all those bombs and shootings and kneecappings and whatnot? Yeah, well. I was born there and grew up there, left after University. Now, being very, very Irish, I went to a very, very Irish school and the very, very Irish school used to get antagonised by the local British school.

So our solution? We recoloured the union jack in green, white and orange and plastered it everywhere we could. Then we got into a big fight with the bastards.

Good times, good times.

Oh dear.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: rabid_fox on December 19, 2007, 11:17:16 AM

This reminds me of the trijack.

Let me explain.

N. Ireland - all those bombs and shootings and kneecappings and whatnot? Yeah, well. I was born there and grew up there, left after University. Now, being very, very Irish, I went to a very, very Irish school and the very, very Irish school used to get antagonised by the local British school.

So our solution? We recoloured the union jack in green, white and orange and plastered it everywhere we could. Then we got into a big fight with the bastards.

Good times, good times.

Just don't fuck up the Scottish flag, and we will be good mates.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: rabid_fox on December 19, 2007, 11:17:16 AMWe recoloured the union jack in green, white and orange and plastered it everywhere we could.

BNSF colours. :3

rabid_fox

Why would I mess with the Scottish flag? You guys need all the help you can get, with your fake whiskey.

Oh dear.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: rabid_fox on December 19, 2007, 12:46:02 PM

Why would I mess with the Scottish flag? You guys need all the help you can get, with your fake whiskey.

ARE YOU SLAGGIN MAH WHISKEY?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Speaking of which, my brother is particularly fond of Lagavulin, which I've just realised is Isle of Islay, not Isle of Man.

Oh, well.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rabid_fox

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 19, 2007, 12:53:42 PM

You spelt it wrong, for starters. If it's brewed in Scotland, it's whisky, it in Ireland, it's whiskey.

Oh dear.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: rabid_fox on December 19, 2007, 02:44:37 PM
Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 19, 2007, 12:53:42 PM

You spelt it wrong, for starters. If it's brewed in Scotland, it's whisky, it in Ireland, it's whiskey.

I don't want to fight, my auntie is Irish (Its fun to hear her say feck!) and i feel this may go over the top. Truce?

rabid_fox

Never. Unexpected nationalistic animosity is the lifeblood of something or other.

Oh dear.