[Bonus Pamphlet] - A Robot Explains Souls

Started by Jigsaw Forte, October 27, 2007, 12:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw Forte

This was apparently an experiment in what NOT to do in a convention pamphlet. Ah well, they wouldn't call it a 'learning experience' if you didn't get schooled once in a while...

It's also available on the site itself through the Bonus section. I'll be posting in the blog shortly to alert readers in time for the Sunday Update (along with updating the donation image to show only one battery again instead of two).

According to at least one friend, it was probably that it had too much exposition in it compared to previous pamphlets, but I'm starting the thread here to help encourage more feedback (since it might not get noticed otherwise, buried in a subsection as it is) so I can put out something a little better for the Spring Pamphlet.

Enjoy!

stiletto

Personally I thought the two battery image is funny. But I have it saved, so no loss.

Like you said, a lot of that has already been explained, but there's still a nice chunk of holes that are filled. Especially telling what the Celeste are, and that bit with the souls. You even through in a nice mathematical constant.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: stiletto on October 27, 2007, 09:08:53 PM
Personally I thought the two battery image is funny. But I have it saved, so no loss.

So do I. It just seems a little silly to keep an archive of those on the site just yet though. ^_^

llearch n'n'daCorna

Keep a copy yourself, though, so you can add it later, should you desire to do so. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

stiletto

So if we donated a truckload of money, we'd get to see a little icon of Jig buried under batteries?

Awesome.

But back to the Civil Defense Pamphlet at hand. Are most Dead Insides evil, or is that more a stigma that goes along with being one?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 28, 2007, 02:57:02 PM
Define "evil", stiletto?

Yeah, this sums up the issues with a Civil Defense Pamphlet.

I'd rather do the Pamphlet myself if it were done at all, just because of the NPOV involved in the pamphlet. It should be 'easy enough' to do, but getting it all written down is the issue.