[Art] A doodle i did

Started by Dannysaysnoo, November 16, 2007, 04:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannysaysnoo

ooh, that almost rhymes!

Its one of the few attempts i make at decent drawing. I took it on a digital camera, i can't get to my scanner right now.

i think its not bad.

Omega

Depends where you set your standarts. Let's see...

*puts his reading glasses on*

A trench coat, I like. Red tie, pink shirt...
Well, you bothered to draw clothes on your character, so that's a plus. Hand colored is also a good thing too, because so many are using PaintShitPro or PhtShp these days.
Other than that, I can't really find anything worth mentionin'. Oh! You didn't screw it up. Nice work  :)

The things you might want to improve:
More details (never enough). Better pose (makes the drawing look more alive). Hands (they're a bitch to draw, I know). 3D (only way to get this is to draw until you get it right, then draw it right some more).

Keep it up!

Tezkat

Heh... it's not bad. :mowcookie I'd say the most obvious issue is that his legs are about a head too short. You put his waist about where it should be with respect to the drape of his coat, but his pants start way too low. Proportions take practice... :3
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Brunhidden

the actual torso is pretty good, and i like how the hands look like leggo hands
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Omega on November 17, 2007, 05:28:07 PM

Well, you bothered to draw clothes on your character, so that's a plus. Hand colored is also a good thing too, because so many are using PaintShitPro or PhtShp these days.
Other than that, I can't really find anything worth mentionin'. Oh! You didn't screw it up. Nice work  :)

More details (never enough). Better pose (makes the drawing look more alive). Hands (they're a bitch to draw, I know). 3D (only way to get this is to draw until you get it right, then draw it right some more).

Keep it up!

I can't colour with PhotoChop, i don't know how!
Quote from: Tezkat on November 17, 2007, 06:42:57 PM

Heh... it's not bad. :mowcookie I'd say the most obvious issue is that his legs are about a head too short. You put his waist about where it should be with respect to the drape of his coat, but his pants start way too low. Proportions take practice... :3

Yeah, I'm crap with them damn proportions.

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 17, 2007, 08:01:08 PM
the actual torso is pretty good, and i like how the hands look like leggo hands

The only reason they look like that is because I'm terrible with hands! :3

I think eyes are my strongest point, they're probably the only thing i can do confidently.

Omega

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 18, 2007, 11:17:46 AM
Quote from: Omega on November 17, 2007, 05:28:07 PM

Keep it up!

I can't colour with PhotoChop, i don't know how!
Neither do I ._. But I'm learning more everytime I try!

Dannysaysnoo

One of the problems i have is that I've spent my life using Paint. I can't adapt to anything else!

Omega

You mean PaintShitPro, or MS Paint?

Dannysaysnoo

Multiple Schlorosis (spelling?) Paint.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Multiple Sclerosis. Heh. That's one of the better tags I've seen.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears