Interesting discovery on Fleabay

Started by Netrogo, June 08, 2007, 10:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netrogo

Was spelunking when I stumbled onto this...

LINK

Dunno if this'd be the place to post it but figured it suited being that it's a fae named Mab :U

*edit- oh noes, stretching!*
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Zedd

Its a chance of luck and wittness with one...[/ Vaderness]

Sunny

Queen Mab was in Shakespearian plays I believe, so seeing something named Queen Mab isn't that crazy.  I actually did a fan art for Amber years back with that poem written on the picture actually.

Netrogo

I figured it wasn't anything spectacular just figured it was kinda funny finding something like this about a Queen Mab fae right after finding out that Mab used to be queen of the fae.

RobbieThe1st

Meh - OUR Queen Mab is *much* cooler! :P

Good find though, but still, in this age of digital copying, I really dont see why anyone other than a very devout fan would pay over $100 for that painting... If you could find a good scan of it, you could inkjet-print a copy that would look just as good, for a total of $10 or $20... Good enough for home use :P

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Netrogo

Well I'd more then happily pay for an actual painting because actual painting means original. That however is a print, one of a limited run, but a print nonetheless. Trust me, there's something awesome about owning an original anything by an artist who's work you adore.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Netrogo on June 09, 2007, 09:14:51 AM
Well I'd more then happily pay for an actual painting because actual painting means original. That however is a print, one of a limited run, but a print nonetheless. Trust me, there's something awesome about owning an original anything by an artist who's work you adore.

Not all actual paintings are still 'original'... go see one of those art sales on the side of the road, and you'll see that thee are an awful lot that look the same, just in different sizes.

Netrogo

Valid, but still if the artist went through the trouble of actually creating each one themselves its still worth more to me then a print. Not that prints aren't cool in their own right, I mean hell I love the print I got from Amber at AN but the original sketches are by far more awesome 8)

Cogidubnus

Till the live-long day-light fail,
Then to the Spicy Nut-brown Ale,
With stories told of many a feat,
How Faery Mab the junkets eat,
*hums a few bars*

bill

Zedd

They should sue that man who sold a purse made from a kangaroos uterus.
Charline had her eyes on it for sometime  >:3

Cogidubnus

bill

Goddamn kids with their dime novels.