Ninjas on TV

Started by JackLee1978, March 04, 2007, 09:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the best show with Ninjas currently showing?

Shuriken School  (Nickelodeon)
0 (0%)
TMNT: Fast Forward  (Fox Kids)
0 (0%)
Pucca  (Disney Channel)
0 (0%)
Naruto  (Cartoon Network)
7 (87.5%)
Basilisk (IFC)
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 6

JackLee1978

Wikipedia entries fore
Shuriken School
TMNT: Fast Forward
Pucca
Naruto
Basilisk

These are all the shows with ninjas that I can think of.  Everyone here probably has seen everyone of these exept for Basilisk since it's on a premium channel (though it's out on DVD)

Suwako

I've not seen TMNT nor Naruto and Basilisk aka: My country is da s*ck :-3

Kenji

Hmm.. tough choice. TMNT have been cool since preschool, and they're freaking turtles!
But then Naruto does a lot more ninja-ish things like moves and tactics. Hmm... But, I suppose TMNT: Fast Forward in particular isn't as good as the rest of the TMNT shows. So, Naruto in this case.
Although Pucca isn't without it's charm.

Zedd

FastFoward is a mainway of jumping the shark peoples!

And Naruto is fun to watch cause its anime
I havent seen Pucca yets...

RJ

The Naruto dub they have on free tv here in Australia sucks. It's horrible and worse than the normal dub. And don't get me started on the new opening theme... :<

I still voted Naruto though (manga version FTW).

Brunhidden

bah, theres plenty of Ninja (its plural as well as singular, the Ninja Burger crew would do a number on you if they heard that 's) on the big screen and the small screen.

what we need is more vikings on TV. vikings and wizards.

with the ninja ive seen lately it seems youve given them every convcieveable magic power known to anime in addition to making them bulletproof and giving them the strength of twenty teamsters. how is that fair? a wizard has to sacrifice years of his life, his health, and a good chunk of his sanity in order to shoot fire from his anus, stun yaks with his mind bullets, and turn brittish actors into newts. a viking is strong and largely impervious to damage because he completely pours his soul into battle with a blood curdling cry and the knowledge that being killed in battle gets him into the good afterlife that has ample chested women give him liquor.

and yet people seem to think that a ninja is some kind of unstoppable killing force who can sustain a dozen sword strikes to the gut, chop down a tree with a pocket knife, and summon eldritch forces the likes of which make Sauron look like harry potter.

to my mind ninja should should be a bit more true to the original model- they sneak, hide, and assassinate. if pressed into combat they flee like little girls because a strong breeze could knock them flat and any real warrior could do seven kinds of screaming death to them. on the plus side i admire ninja and how they were so devoted, one ninja in particular infiltrated a shoguns castle and hid in a gardrobe for TWO WEEKS waiting for the shogun seat his eminence above the ninja in question. hey, it was a big castle, and the shogun was not hte only one who had 'business' to attend to.

QuoteThe inverse law of ninja states that a single ninja is a nearly unstoppable killing machine, but as the number of ninja rises their effectiveness in combat diminishes almost instantly. Any number of ninja greater then 50 would be hard pressed to defeat a child of five in order to acquire candy.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

LionHeart

Well, the visual effects people do have to justify their budgets, after all...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity