I'm looking for another screen capture program...

Started by Aridas, January 03, 2007, 12:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

The one i've got is just fine... UNTIL it chooses to make all my captures 1x1 without telling me and thus causing me to not only restart to fix it, but lose a bunch of things I took a ss of. I've looked over a few sites but I haven't found anything like it. So this is what i'm looking for:

Direct X fullscreen/desktop capture <-- the important feature for me
automatic capture+save upon pressing a hotkey
automatic incrementing filenames (capture0001, capture0002, etc.)

Those are the features that pulled me into this one, but it'd be extra good if I could get one that saves PNGs, too. Thanks for the help.

xHaZxMaTx

I think Fraps does screen captures.  I know the trial version only lets you record for 30 seconds at a time with a watermark, but I don't know how it works with screen captures.  You could have a look, though.

Aridas

I'll give Fullshot a try... it sounds like it might work.

Netami

A co-worker has used Fullshot Pro for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure if you can find a good version without buying or aquiring it, but hopefully it will do what you want. I had a similar program I used a long time ago, for reasons I can't even remember, but I forgot the name...

Fraps is good for what it was built for, but I doubt it'd take very good screencaps. I think the whole attraction with that program was low-medium grade videos of WoW.

bill

I'm pretty sure Fraps has been around long before WoW. I use it for screenies, as I don't like it's vid quality.

Netami

Yeah, it has. Like, Half-Life era.

I was just being a dick.

Aridas

I've "acquired" fullshot now, but it has Fighter syndrome, since the shortcut buttons that appear on every window spell out "SWORD"

Netami

Heh yeah, but I think they disappear when you take a shot.

If not, well... Everyone could use more swords!