2020-01-20 [DMFA #1964] - The eas(ier) life

Started by Tapewolf, January 21, 2020, 06:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

We haven't seen much in the way of pets or wild animals in DMFA, so it's nice to see such things referenced.  Pets especially - given that the inhabitants of Furrae are animal-people I'm not entirely sure how such things are looked upon.

As for the inn guard, I'm slightly surprised they haven't had a retired adventurer come round looking for work... though the fact that they have to be able to work alongside 'Cubi, dragons, demons and Fae might narrow the list of candidates.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

Well... we have no problems with keeping a pet monkey and although eating monkey meat may make us feel weird, it's certainly not considered cannibalism.

Actually doesn't Lorenda enjoy "monkey meat"?
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eboreg on January 22, 2020, 09:12:49 AM
Actually doesn't Lorenda enjoy "monkey meat"?

Yes.  But she's a Demon anyway, so she's expected to literally perform acts of cannibalism anyway...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shadow_B_Panther

Well Amber did briefly cover non-sentient animals under livestock in demonology, though most of the taboos mentioned were Beings/Creatures eating similar non-sentient species. Of course that is more likely on the Being side of things as we saw Dan offer Lorenda a burger a while back.

It might be stranger for a canine species having a dog vs a feline species with a dog, though depending on the breed and the individual's personal beliefs that could be seen a wrong. Similar to how you have some vegetarians that are have strong distaste for those that eat meat and then you have those that understand everyone has a preference, thus doesn't try to force their ideals on others.

As for adventurers, wasn't it stated that few adventurers actually live long enough to retire? Might be another reason you don't see others looking for work.

InhumanInterest

I'd wonder if the inn doesn't actually have a reputation, what with having been owned by an ex-adventurer. Though at least for recent things it may have just not gotten out that the Merlitz left and when the inn was covered in that magazine article it was with presumably a good spread on him as the guardian.

e_voyager

Wasn't  there a big deal made when people thought that Daniel T Fiona. May have retired and not the usual Adventure way of dying mid battle
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 21, 2020, 06:57:12 PM
As for the inn guard, I'm slightly surprised they haven't had a retired adventurer come round looking for work...
Hope Mab hasn't been dealing with them when they show up.