2020-01-29 [DMFA #1966] - Run Like Hell

Started by Tarakona, January 29, 2020, 06:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarakona

I wonder if this is just an (excellent btw) pictorial description of Alexi's emotions or the start of a magically-based event. After all, she is the daughter of two adventurers. As we know it's no biggie for them to pick up magic elements. I hope she gets her mom's spear back. I only have a few things of my late mom's and almost no pictures. Regardless I love how scared Ducky looks. Yes, she's a being. Yes, you should run.

(Sorry I know there are better words but it's 5am and I have the flu lol)

Tapewolf

I will be curious to know what the device they've been left is.  Possibly some kind of anti-scrying ward?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

I actually have a bit of a theory that Edward Ti'Fiona is secretly a Were. This would explain why he was so sympathetic to Destania when she came stumbling into his inn because, in reality, he was the more powerful one and really didn't have anything to fear. So it's actually quite possible that Alexsi isn't really a Being.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 29, 2020, 07:25:34 AM
Possibly some kind of anti-scrying ward?
DP suggested that warding Abel against scrying would be counterproductive. Warding the entire Inn seems likely to fall under the same.

But I have no idea what he could give that would fit in a box.

[edit]Eurgh, I don't know where my brain went. Apparently after I read "I'll just leave it by the door" and "You can find instructions in the mailbox tomorrow", my brain turned it into "I'll just leave it in a box by the door."

I can't even claim it was too much Beatles in the '60s...that would be a jar.

e_voyager

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 29, 2020, 07:25:34 AM
I will be curious to know what the device they've been left is.  Possibly some kind of anti-scrying ward?

If I'm not mistaken Mab already took care of the anti scrying front back when she was talking to the dragon right before she broke his scrying Crystal.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on January 30, 2020, 03:11:02 AM
If I'm not mistaken Mab already took care of the anti scrying front back when she was talking to the dragon right before she broke his scrying Crystal.

She ended that session, yes.  As per the following page, he has plenty more scrying crystals.  At the time he decided that further spying on the inn wasn't the best use of his time, but that will change as soon as he learns Dan exists.  That bed with the Cyra symbol on it should interest him.

Though as others have said, DP might think that protecting the inn would be counterproductive.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

I was actually thinking that after she left hindle or how do you pronounce that dragon's name know that she was on to him and broke his Crystal she set up some sort of fey powered anti scrying Ward on the inn. Cuz she stated that she was protecting the inn and preventing known hostiles from Gathering more information on the inn would follow under protecting it
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2020, 03:46:49 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on January 30, 2020, 03:11:02 AM

She ended that session, yes.  As per the following page, he has plenty more scrying crystals.  At the time he decided that further spying on the inn wasn't the best use of his time, but that will change as soon as he learns Dan exists.  That bed with the Cyra symbol on it should interest him.

Though as others have said, DP might think that protecting the inn would be counterproductive.

I'm curious to know what the gift would be if it's not some sort of defense mechanism.

InhumanInterest

I'm guessing it's a gift basket with a nice wine and an assortment of cheeses.

Really though it's probably something a bit more direct than an anti-scrying device. After all something to prevent detection is a little less useful once the enemy knows where you are so it might not be that helpful a thing to send. If I had to place money I'd guess some sort of defensive ward or similar to prevent the dragon or their servants taking direct action on the grounds of the inn.