2019-11-29 [DMFA #1957] - Give me a big hug

Started by MT Hazard, November 29, 2019, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Well, it might be a close thing, but I think they're going to be okay. Now we just have to hope that Cyra's panic attack didn't attract the wrong kind of attention.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

InhumanInterest

That shatter did seem to be more of a jagged crystal structure than a curved dome, so here's hoping.

Akktari

There's sunlight with those Crystals shattering. I think we're seeing a flashback from when Cyra ascended.
Memory like Dory.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Akktari on November 29, 2019, 07:48:17 PM
There's sunlight with those Crystals shattering. I think we're seeing a flashback from when Cyra ascended.

That may well be it.  I assumed she'd overloaded one of the crystals nearby, but the blue sky doesn't make sense in that scenario - a flashback would.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shakal

The blue sky definitely feels more "on the ground" then in the station. And while a flashback seems like it make the most sense, the thought that sprung to my mind...

At that moment, the glass city of Hishaan, the entire 'City of Ice', just shattered all at once.

No idea why, and almost certainly wrong, but the sudden idea felt cool enough to be worth sharing.

Oh, and the reuse of "Cyra Cyra Bo Byra. Bonana Man Mo Myra" in order to call out to her, just like the first time felt just... wonderfully right for this moment somehow. Stupid and silly, but honestly touchingly heartfelt. Perfectly Dan.

Wanderer

QuoteOh, and the reuse of "Cyra Cyra Bo Byra. Bonana Man Mo Myra" in order to call out to her, just like the first time felt just... wonderfully right for this moment somehow. Stupid and silly, but honestly touchingly heartfelt. Perfectly Dan.

Your link is broken. I think you have one too many "http://" in there.

Anyway... sometimes the simplest and silliest of things can reach someone when nothing else would.

InhumanInterest

Quote from: Shakal on November 30, 2019, 01:36:38 AM
Oh, and the reuse of "Cyra Cyra Bo Byra. Bonana Man Mo Myra" in order to call out to her, just like the first time felt just... wonderfully right for this moment somehow. Stupid and silly, but honestly touchingly heartfelt. Perfectly Dan.
I just want to be clear, throwing in links to older parts of the comic is a dangerous prospect as it tends to get me caught up in rereading them and I lose large tracts of time.

Quote from: Akktari on November 29, 2019, 07:48:17 PM
That's brilliant! Finally a flashback without all the wavy-induced-motion-sickness!

Merlin

Quote from: Shakal on November 30, 2019, 01:36:38 AM

I thought it was familiar. I'd forgotten about the specifics though, thanks!

MT Hazard

Something that just occurred to me, is this the first time Cyra has referred to him as 'Dan' instead of 'Daniel' ?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

FairWage22

Seeing all the different 'voices' in the wall-o-text makes me wonder if the souls that she inadvertently consumed like a buffet from her ascension are still there, still wanting *something* to be done. 

Even the draconic ones.
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

Alondro

*Charline de Lyon looks smug*  See?  Told ya Hizell's the worst of the worst.  Dragons suck.   I was right all along!  For, like, 10 years!  So there!  Nyah!   I AM THE GREATEST!!

Everyone:   :rolleyes
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kuzma Volkov

I still find it funny how so many of us still can't be bothered to reupload or fix uploaded images for our profile pics.  :mowtongue

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuzma Volkov on December 09, 2019, 11:57:09 AM
I still find it funny how so many of us still can't be bothered to reupload or fix uploaded images for our profile pics.  :mowtongue

To be fair, it's getting harder and harder to find sites which will host images in that way, especially now people are relying on third party services to host their content instead of running their own sites on a VPS or something.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GreenReaper

Quote from: InhumanInterest on November 29, 2019, 05:45:30 PM
That shatter did seem to be more of a jagged crystal structure than a curved dome, so here's hoping.
I couldn't help but imagine Cyra as a BT from Death Stranding that Dan just slayed with kindness, transmuting her power into chiral crystals. You know it makes sense! :mowhappy

As for profile image hosting, GitHub worked well enough for me - though I have my own hosting if necessary.

Tarakona

Take your time, Ambaaaaarg, and don't worry. I'm sure I speak for the majority of your fans when I say we are extremely grateful for everything you do and this awesome comic we can read and enjoy for free!

That said with all that's going on and the power fluctuations I wonder how Fi is doing.

e_voyager

Sometimes memories can be the most painful thing of all
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey