New Sonic 360/PS3 trailer, Tokyo Game Show 2006

Started by LigerJet, September 24, 2006, 03:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LigerJet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE0Ic3F8Fnc  ...Sonic and Elise look so cute together.  I wonder if this will form a new slash faction in the fandom.   :mwaha  Oh, and does the song at the end have a familiar tune? ^_~

Saist

I think the music has been in Sonic games before. Or at least the melody.

Problem for me with 360/PS3 Sonic is that it's still split like Sonic Hero's and Sonic Adventure. HyperSonic / Sonic and the Secret of the Rings, however, on the Wii, isn't split. In that game you do nothing but /run/ as Sonic. Guess which one I'd rather have :)

RJ

Sonic fanfiction... apart from the seedy side of Harry Potter, that's one of the worst things on earth.

LigerJet

Quote from: RJ on September 24, 2006, 09:22:19 PM
Sonic fanfiction... apart from the seedy side of Harry Potter, that's one of the worst things on earth.

Heh, tell me about it.  My poor brain....

Saist

Quote from: LigerJet on September 24, 2006, 10:23:02 PM

Heh, tell me about it.  My poor brain....

Sonic... Fan... fiction?

I'm suddenly glad I DON'T KNOW.

RJ

Sure there's exceptions... but the Sonic fandom in general just screams 'Burn me!'. The fanart as well, that's worse. So many just copy images/poses, recolour them, say they're an "original character" and then get into fights over colour schemes.

LigerJet

Don't burn me.  I'm not like that. :O  Seriously though, I know quite a few -good- Sonic fans.  But that's probably because I tend to avoid idiots...

Rowne

Sonic is such a broad thing though.  I honestly believe that there were even a few cartoons that were far enough away from what Sonic is to be considered as fan fictions.  Like Sonic Underground, for example.  It's just that the franchise has become so broad, it's easy to write really bad things for it.

That's why, much like je, I'm glad to see a return to mainly Sonic with Sonic and the Secret Rings.  I wouldn't mind Tails hopping in as a follow on but mostly I prefer that kind of thing.

KarlOmega1

I guess I won't be making a Sonic/Transformers Crossover Fanfic then...or am I?

*Dadadunnnnn*
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Rowne

Bad Karl, no!  Sonic Underground was enough, that almost killed my brain and that was official!

KarlOmega1

What...you don't want Metal sonic to transform into a ferrari? XD
I'm a Skype User.

RJ

LigerJet

._. *siiigh* I'm a big Sonic fan.  Have been since the beginning.  I hope people don't think less of me because of it.

Saist

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.

Zina

I can't help but think the new hedgehog characters looks really...stupid. :/

Saist

Quote from: Zina on September 27, 2006, 03:51:49 PM
I can't help but think the new hedgehog characters looks really...stupid. :/

wait till you play him.

I'm really hoping Sega took some feedback from E3 and changes the controls...