2016/11/04 [DMFA #1707] - Cinema Show

Started by Tapewolf, November 04, 2016, 05:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PalmettoPaladin

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2016, 11:56:19 AM
Quote from: PalmettoPaladin on November 07, 2016, 11:07:49 AM
Okay.   That makes sense I guess. But just curious here, do you see Dan and Illiath actually dating?

Personally, no.  It's not impossible, but for the most part Illiath was written as a slightly dour, badass war-maiden type who makes war, not love.
It would also have to be retconned into her own stories, especially if she did end up with a child.

I see. Well not all relationships have to end up with a child being born. I do however see them becoming good friends. I guess since they just met anything is possible. Still they look like they would make a good couple.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: PalmettoPaladin on November 07, 2016, 01:09:48 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2016, 11:56:19 AM
Quote from: PalmettoPaladin on November 07, 2016, 11:07:49 AM
Okay.   That makes sense I guess. But just curious here, do you see Dan and Illiath actually dating?

Personally, no.  It's not impossible, but for the most part Illiath was written as a slightly dour, badass war-maiden type who makes war, not love.
It would also have to be retconned into her own stories, especially if she did end up with a child.

I see. Well not all relationships have to end up with a child being born. I do however see them becoming good friends. I guess since they just met anything is possible. Still they look like they would make a good couple.
Adventure Bros
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Amber Williams

I cannot deny there is always a lil worry whenever someone's character shows up that I'm going to run their continuity into the dirt.  I figured in Illiath's case, she's a bit younger than when she shows up in Tapewolf's storylines so she hasn't fully been serious business'd via her careers and the frustrations as is. :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 07, 2016, 03:48:22 PM
I cannot deny there is always a lil worry whenever someone's character shows up that I'm going to run their continuity into the dirt.  I figured in Illiath's case, she's a bit younger than when she shows up in Tapewolf's storylines so she hasn't fully been serious business'd via her careers and the frustrations as is. :U

Also, a lot of that is a facade, since at that point she's dealing with young and unruly 'cubi students and wants them to keep in line.  This does mean that I haven't put a vast amount of thought into her romantic inclinations because that's simply not been a factor in any of her stories thus far.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 04, 2016, 12:25:08 PM
Bisexuals. Bisexuals for everyone! HAHAHAHAHAHA~

Actually in retrospect I probably should have checked where Illiath sits on the old Kinsey scale. :U
*sits back and basks in all the Dan/Illiath shipping that has begun*  :B

Then it turns out Illiath has the hots for Hizel!  (because dragons breathe fire, so it's 'hot'.  Hee hee, I did a funny)

And then she betrays everyone and tons of characters die and the comic becomes one of those anime that suddenly turn all emo for no reason and piss all the fans off! 

;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: MSpears on November 07, 2016, 12:14:37 PM
So, when the computer doesn't do exactly what we tell it to do, we get mad at it... until we look back at the command history and find out that it's all our fault, at which point rage turns to embarrassment.  (I like my humble pie with a hint of cinnamon, thanks.)

As Qwex1 says - the computer did exactly what you told it to; just not what you wanted it to. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Alondro on November 07, 2016, 05:01:15 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on November 04, 2016, 12:25:08 PM
Bisexuals. Bisexuals for everyone! HAHAHAHAHAHA~

Actually in retrospect I probably should have checked where Illiath sits on the old Kinsey scale. :U
*sits back and basks in all the Dan/Illiath shipping that has begun*  :B

Then it turns out Illiath has the hots for Hizel!  (because dragons breathe fire, so it's 'hot'.  Hee hee, I did a funny)

And then she betrays everyone and tons of characters die and the comic becomes one of those anime that suddenly turn all emo for no reason and piss all the fans off! 

;)
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

DarkwingDude

Illiath set off exactly 0% of my female detection sensors. Yeah, this was a bit of a shock.

Tapewolf

Quote from: DarkwingDude on November 11, 2016, 09:27:55 AM
Illiath set off exactly 0% of my female detection sensors. Yeah, this was a bit of a shock.

How many did Jeremiah set off?

PalmettoPaladin

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 04, 2016, 07:26:22 PM
Quote from: Tilendor on November 04, 2016, 11:39:35 AM
So I totally missed that Illiath was female.... Maybe I'm just slow.

Contrary to popular belief, I do have female characters in my stories as well as male ones...
That said, you're not the first to say this.  It seems likely that Taun clan members are fairly androgynous - recall that Jeremiah was thought to be female, and Quill isn't that well-endowed either.

However, props to Amber for making armor that has realism and not just silly eye candy.

Indeed.  The 'boob armour' thing has recently become a pet peeve of mine and I'm trying to ensure that Illie doesn't have that in future appearances.

Any particular reason you don't like boob armor? 

To me it depends on the character.   I have some who like boob armor and I have some who would hit me upside the head if I ever put them in boob armor. 

But I'm just curious.  One more thing I'm curious about: does Dan have his own school?

Lying Foo

Put on some boob armor and whack it with with a dull sword and/or spear a few times, then you tell me what his problem with it is.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Quote from: PalmettoPaladin on November 11, 2016, 06:11:08 PM

It's fine if it's purely decorative, but most of my characters which have been portrayed wearing them were supposed to be badass warrior types and that means they should be wearing something actually practical.
Basically, it creates new attack surfaces which don't even need to be there, given that the breasts will tend to conform to the shape of the armour.  The cleavage provides a handy guide for a two-handed axe to follow, and as someone else on the forum recently mentioned, the fact that there's a division between the cups at all gives you a nice, sharp point which you can drive into the breastbone and kill the wearer, probably just by kicking them hard enough in the right place.

QuoteBut I'm just curious.  One more thing I'm curious about: does Dan have his own school?

In Project Future?  That I don't know.  My story is set over a century after DMFA, partly to give some time for things to settle after the events in DMFA proper have happened, which look to be pretty world-shaking.  From what Mab says to Rose in one of the foreshadowings, there is a nonzero chance that Dan will be killed.  Abel is likewise caught between two very deadly threats so his future is uncertain.   In any case, the best way to make a terrible fanfic is to start using the characters from the original story, so I avoid doing that as a rule.  (And where I don't, I've been consulting Amber to try and make sure it's reasonably close to their personality)
TL;DR - it's not for me to decide what Dan gets up to after DMFA.

Puyon

Quote from: PalmettoPaladin on November 11, 2016, 06:11:08 PM

To me it depends on the character.   I have some who like boob armor and I have some who would hit me upside the head if I ever put them in boob armor.

Boob armor isn't practical. At all. In the 'cleavage' of boob armor, it creates a small pressure point. If you were to fall and your metal tiddies hit the ground, that's going to jab into your chest and probably crack your sternum. Additionally, chest armor is supposed to deflect blows away from your vitals like your heart. Your heart is in between those baps of steel, and when a sword is swinging at you or an arrow is coming your way, there's a good chance that the blows won't be deflected at all and instead will guide the attack straight towards the heart.

Some excuses made for boob armor so that character designers have a reason other than 'the honkers must be seen because my female character must be sexy', is that have room for the gazonkers would be more comfortable. That would be the case if you were practically naked under the armor, and if you're naked under armor, it's probably for seductive reasons so in that case, go ahead, have the rack out. But for battle... like, men don't just put a breast plate over a layer of clothing they have underneath. If the only thing you had protecting you from blades or arrows was a plate of metal and a thin layer of clothing, then you're going to freaking die. When you have armor on, you need to wear thick padding with ample room for movability. The padding acts as a shock absorber so you won't get the wind knocked out of you and also you will be less likely to be stabbed if an arrow pokes through there since you'll have layers of protection. When you put on all that padding, those puppies are gonna be compressed against the body (like if you were wearing chest binder, only probably far less comfortable) and the curvaceous figure of your lady character is going to be lost.

As a result, the difference between men's armor and women'd armor will be incredibly unnoticeable. Boob armor only exists to sexualize female characters because sometimes people are gross like that and demean their lady warriors to make them eye candy. And sometimes people don't realize they're doing it because boob armor is such a common thing that they don't understand what's wrong with it??

Of course, though, in Furrae you've got magic defense enchantments and shield spells. Boob armor could exist for aesthetic reasons and sometimes ladies might feel more badass and confident and sexy in that equipment. So... as long as the enchantments are assured to make the boob armor function like real armor, then I guess it's okay to use it?? ...boy golly, this got long, but I hope you catch my drift.

EDIT:: Oh my good golly gosh, I didn't notice Tape replied already. I just added an unnecessary wall of text here. My bad!!
...By Puyon

Merlin

The line down the middle gotta be convex to defect the blade insteada concave to guide it to your bones. So maybe if it was triple-boob armour, still not practical but a little less bad? lol

mithril

Quote from: Merlin on November 11, 2016, 07:08:12 PM
The line down the middle gotta be convex to defect the blade insteada concave to guide it to your bones. So maybe if it was triple-boob armour, still not practical but a little less bad? lol
nope because that still leaves gaps and depressions that cause issues.

a better design is just to use a normal chestplate and make it a bit thicker between the front and back to accommodate the (bound) female chest.

Merlin