2016/02/12 [DMFA #1643] Beware Twinks bearing gifts

Started by Tapewolf, February 12, 2016, 07:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Maybe Jy should insist that Biggs opens the box himself.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tuyu

If it's food, that'll spoil his lunch with Abel...

DarkwingDude

Looks like the same kind of box Dot always put her pets in...

Tuyu

Been trying to come up with ideas for what might be in the box. What could Biggs give Jyrras that would really thrill him? Especially considering that most such things Jyrras could just manufacture.  What do you give to the man who can make anything he wants?

The only thing I'm coming up with is information on...something.  But what?

crankygrumps

Quote from: Tuyu on February 16, 2016, 01:56:20 PM
Been trying to come up with ideas for what might be in the box. What could Biggs give Jyrras that would really thrill him? Especially considering that most such things Jyrras could just manufacture.  What do you give to the man who can make anything he wants?

He mentioned alternative energy.

Probably fuel for something like that, maybe.

Kuzma Volkov

Quote from: crankygrumps on February 16, 2016, 03:25:02 PM
Quote from: Tuyu on February 16, 2016, 01:56:20 PM

He mentioned alternative energy.

Probably fuel for something like that, maybe.

Maybe a magic free item?

Dishonored

My wild guess? Plutonium or uranium.

He did call Jyrras "Pandora", and look at the track record fissionable material has had in our history.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dishonored on February 17, 2016, 01:40:00 AM
He did call Jyrras "Pandora", and look at the track record fissionable material has had in our history.

An interesting idea.  Though that being the case, opening the box would give them both a lethal dose, and not do much good to the folks in reception either.
Either way, I'm not sure how much of a threat nuclear power would be to a world which can do equally nasty things through magical means.  Also, only Jyrras is likely to have the industrial base needed to separate out the fissile parts.  It's not an easy thing to do, even with our level of technology.

Sofox

Late to the party, but man, that's an incredibly subtle Se7en reference. Nice going Amber!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sofox on February 17, 2016, 08:41:41 PM
Late to the party, but man, that's an incredibly subtle Se7en reference. Nice going Amber!

I figure the box is too small for that.

Nightmask

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 17, 2016, 04:10:36 AM
Quote from: Dishonored on February 17, 2016, 01:40:00 AM

An interesting idea.  Though that being the case, opening the box would give them both a lethal dose, and not do much good to the folks in reception either.
Either way, I'm not sure how much of a threat nuclear power would be to a world which can do equally nasty things through magical means.  Also, only Jyrras is likely to have the industrial base needed to separate out the fissile parts.  It's not an easy thing to do, even with our level of technology.

Except it's a world where technology and magic co-exist, magic could easily make separating an element based on its isotopes a simple task so you could produce pure U-235 and U-238 without the need for the tricks technology requires to do the same.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Nightmask on February 18, 2016, 05:55:54 AM
Except it's a world where technology and magic co-exist, magic could easily make separating an element based on its isotopes a simple task so you could produce pure U-235 and U-238 without the need for the tricks technology requires to do the same.

That occurred to me, but the premise seemed to be 'power generation without using magic'.

Tuyu

And another thing...

"skrick skrick skrick..."??

Where did Biggs pull that box out from?   >3

(I am assuming it is not the same box that was on Jyrras's desk when he found Biggs in his office.)