2015/04/07 [HYL 04-04] Swing babatta batter swing.

Started by Kuzma Volkov, April 07, 2015, 07:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuzma Volkov

He must have had gotten multiple crit rolls. Sword took his head and a part of the strip's paneling. That poor fourth wall..

MT Hazard

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Raskahn

Quote from: Kuzma Volkov on April 07, 2015, 07:34:14 PMSword took his head and a part of the strip's paneling. That poor fourth wall..

I had to look at it again, mistook it for the actual sword  :rolleyes

Liatai

... the HEMA longsword training videos I've been watching have been getting to me. I keep looking at panel four and the first thing that pops into my head is "ERICH. TUCK YOUR ELBOWS IN." :razz

"Taun's sake, if that roo's got any sense he's going to pop you on your leading elbow, and you've left your left side wide open -- the side his axe head is on no less."

"... Never mind, he's got no sense; you've telegraphed as loudly as you can that you're aiming for his neck, and he's got his weapon held to defend against a thrust, an upward-sweeping cut, or an overhead blow. Least he could do is change his grip so it's easier to block a neck strike, or all else fails chuck the axe at you and make a break for i-- aaaaand he's dead. Welp. Never mind."  :blankstare

:B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Liatai on April 08, 2015, 11:10:03 PM
... the HEMA longsword training videos I've been watching have been getting to me. I keep looking at panel four and the first thing that pops into my head is "ERICH. TUCK YOUR ELBOWS IN." :razz

"Taun's sake, if that roo's got any sense he's going to pop you on your leading elbow, and you've left your left side wide open -- the side his axe head is on no less."

Yeah, if he hadn't intimidated the roo into a state of shock, that would be a problem.  Though it's fair to say that if the guy was still functioning as an opponent it's likely Erich would be doing things differently, e.g. using a wing-tentacle to lop off the head from a distance like Keaton tends to do.

And I can imagine Taun giving some kind of critique next time he's in her presence.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 09, 2015, 03:37:27 AM
Quote from: Liatai on April 08, 2015, 11:10:03 PM

Yeah, if he hadn't intimidated the roo into a state of shock, that would be a problem.  Though it's fair to say that if the guy was still functioning as an opponent it's likely Erich would be doing things differently, e.g. using a wing-tentacle to lop off the head from a distance like Keaton tends to do.

And I can imagine Taun giving some kind of critique next time he's in her presence.

"So, you survived, that at least gets you a passing grade, but oh, dear. Dear, dear, dear. You lucked out, here, not skilled your way through. I do hope this isn't typical of your planning for disagreements. Keep your head, dear, otherwise you'll lose it." ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears