I is #4 (but the movie looks like #2, if you know what I mean)

Started by Alondro, February 18, 2011, 10:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

*sigh*  Another teen-angst-driven POS with characters boasting an improbable and illogical set of powers.

And this time fighting some of the most cliche villains since Dick Dastardly (without any of the comic relief, save for what is unintentionally hilariously bad).

One question:  how in the hell did these evil aliens manage to wipe out a whole planet of the good guys when they can't even manage to track down one on their own without help from Earthlings?  Not to mention they seem to be complete pussies compared to even an adolescent of the species.

The 'hero' is an idiot who exposes his powers almost at once, even though knowing that the baddies are on his trail. 

Plus, why in god's name are they so focused on killing the good guys in numerical order?  Are these evil aliens some sort of obsessive-compulsives?

I looked up the novel, which seems to be popular among the teen-girl age group (a clue that it actually sucks, but the target zudience is too vapid to realize it) and found that instead of the movie being a horrid bastardization by an idiot director of something good (as was the case with "The Last Airbender"), it is in fact quite faithful to the novel... that being said, maybe this every-plot-element-is-an-utter-rip-off story is something even Shyamalan couldn't have ruined any more than it already was in book form.

Frankly, this makes "Twilight" look good.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

y'know, a little info for those who don't know what you're waffling on about right now would be nice.  :P

like... links?

Trailers?

youtube?

Stadler & Waldorf?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Alondro

Quote from: Turnsky on February 18, 2011, 10:11:03 AM
y'know, a little info for those who don't know what you're waffling on about right now would be nice.  :P

like... links?

Trailers?

youtube?

Stadler & Waldorf?

I refuse to justify it by providing links!!!  I shun it!  SHUN!!!

(OK, one link)  Serving Number 4
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Corgatha Taldorthar

This sounds like an updated Future War. Except probably better, because the original was awful, and as bad as this sounds, it doesn't go *that* far.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.