Cubi Clan + Cubi Clan = Whos Clan?

Started by Psychedelic Mushroom, March 27, 2010, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psychedelic Mushroom

I have been very curious of something lately. If two cubi of different clans were to marry *if allowed* and they had a child, what clan would that child be from? Mother or Father's Clan? OR Would the Mother have to convert to the same Clan as the Father. Hm. Tis an idea but I think Clan member's romance interests tend to stay within in the Clan. Just  thought though.

Tangent

Clan marks tend not to appear until the child "grows up" (as it were). Thus the child undoubtedly decides, through personal actions and beliefs. And can also "change his/her mind" as it were at a later time.
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

AmigaDragon

I believe it has been stated that the child would be connected to the stronger clan.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Starcat5

Of course, if the parrent from the stronger clan changed his/her clan affiliation to that of his/her mate's, who knows what would happen. (I actually asked this in a thread Amber was active in once, but by the time I chimed in, Amber had left the forums for a while. By the time she returned the thread in question was dead, leaving me without an answer.)
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Amberbydreams

I think it was said sometime that it goes to the Clan with more members, aka the stronger clan. Like if you had a Kishta-Dimanika child, it would probly be Dimanika, but perhaps have a tendency towards the other Clan's emotion as well.

AmigaDragon

I think a clan with no (a dead) founder and many members could be weaker than a smaller clan with a healthy founder.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I would believe that if more than child is involved, there would be a ratio; with the higher number leaning towards the stronger clan.

For example, if they have like 3 kids -> 2 to 1, with 2 being from the stronger clan and 1 being from the weaker clan

At least that's what I think should be the case, so if there's one kid then definitely from the stronger clan for sure.  :mowwink

Unless, of course some clan's have dominant genes (like dragon genes), then I'm not really sure.......  :mowdizzy

Anker Steadfast

And then comes the definition of what clan is strongest .... a small clan with an awfully powerful founder, or a large clan with a weak leader ?
I suspect we shall never truly know the details of which way it is done.

Heck, perhaps there's leeway, in the sense that perhaps the child can change between clans, without diminishing power, as would normally be the case, since it's already connected to the clan it's converting into.

Could be related to the bit about there having to be a normal, two-wing cubi in a clan, for others to be able to convert into the clan.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Nino

Quote from: Professor Fate on March 27, 2010, 10:22:01 PMTis an idea but I think Clan member's romance interests tend to stay within in the Clan. Just  thought though.

I wouldn't say this was a trend in general - Zezuzza's clan doesn't allow inter-clan romance and so far out of all the cubi relationships shown in the comic, even of clan founders, not one has been between cubi of the same clans.

Also this would be really tough for nact'larn's clan since they're all female!

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Kattuccino on March 28, 2010, 01:11:49 AM
Quote from: Professor Fate on March 27, 2010, 10:22:01 PMTis an idea but I think Clan member's romance interests tend to stay within in the Clan. Just  thought though.
I wouldn't say this was a trend in general - Zezuzza's clan doesn't allow inter-clan romance and so far out of all the cubi relationships shown in the comic, even of clan founders, not one has been between cubi of the same clans.
Also this would be really tough for nact'larn's clan since they're all female!
Ah. That makes a lot of sense. I almost forgot about that Nact'larn quirk. Hm... But wait! The quirk was that they're all -born- female. So maybe Males have converted or joined Nact'Larn...but wait that would till mean outside the Clan.... Okay you're right.  :)

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Kattuccino on March 28, 2010, 01:11:49 AMAlso this would be really tough for nact'larn's clan since they're all female!

Well ... they ARE shapeshifters !

:D

Trazz

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 28, 2010, 05:37:57 PM
Quote from: Kattuccino on March 28, 2010, 01:11:49 AMAlso this would be really tough for nact'larn's clan since they're all female!

:shapeshifters

I'm sorry, I just wanted an excuse to use that

Techcubi

Quote from: Trazz on March 28, 2010, 07:23:19 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 28, 2010, 05:37:57 PM

:shapeshifters

I'm sorry, I just wanted an excuse to use that

Shapeshifter does NOT = being able to change genitals....At least with Cubi shapeshifters, anyway.

Tangent

Oh? Do we really know that? Perhaps male cubi can "enhance" themselves much like so many spam offer for human males? =^-^=

And Dan was turned into a girl through Cubi magic despite being a boy. I very much doubt it was a matter of "tucking it away" or the like.

How far a Cubi transformation can go, we don't know. But it seems likely that a Cubi could become male or female and outside of not being able to breed, would otherwise be indistinguishable from their new gender. And for all we know... they might even be able to breed, much like Loki was able to carry a horse to term after having shapeshifted into a female horse in a certain Norse myth.
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Techcubi

Dan was changed to LOOK like his sister. It was for the purpose of APPEARANCE. Not for BIOLOGICAL CHANGES. Infact, didn't Amber say something about shapeshifting and reproduction somewhere on here...?

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Tangent on March 28, 2010, 07:38:43 PM
And Dan was turned into a girl through Cubi magic despite being a boy. I very much doubt it was a matter of "tucking it away" or the like.
[quote/]
He only changed the outer appearance. And some people say "Oh, But he had breasts" Well. Some dudes have breasts too so get a grip. >XD I think Cubi only shape shift their anatomy, but it doesn't mean that they can reproduce like what they changed into. Because they cannot change their um... "Inner Plumbing" as Amber has put it.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Techcubi on March 28, 2010, 07:44:07 PM
Dan was changed to LOOK like his sister. It was for the purpose of APPEARANCE. Not for BIOLOGICAL CHANGES. Infact, didn't Amber say something about shapeshifting and reproduction somewhere on here...?

Yes, here.

Amber Williams

In regards to that aspect of shapechanging, I pretty much made the actual internal plumbing nill and the process of actually switching a gender true to be really difficult and non-reversable.

This was done for two reasons, one being I like to have solid rules here and there about world-physics.

The other reason is because I find any issue that involves the potential of children or infants being involved to be a potentially disasterous hot-topic.  And so, much like my decision to make it that infants and children can not be undead (so as to avoid the inevitable creepy bullshittery topics such as "Well if you become undead and are pregnant...does the BABY become an undead corpse that busts out of the womb?)  Because there are some things I just don't feel belong in a mostly light-hearted PG comic. Undead womb-babies being one.  And in the case of shapeshifting cubi, the inevitable questions of "Well if you CAN, and you turn into a girl and get pregnant, but then turn back, does the baby die?"

So I decided at the start that it would be a simple no-go and axe the bull before it got out of the gate.  So no, shapechanging does not include the reproductive aspects. Those born with the female genetics have ze female ones, and while they can do a jolly good show of swapping their dangly bit aesthetics, they ultimately fire blanks.  And while there is a way to actually change your gender, which comes in handy for those who truly do feel they are the wrong gender, it isn't a simple hop-skip to do because I want to avoid too much huzzuvah when it comes to potential ramifications.

Lego3400

I belive the creator of Ranma 1/2 had a phrase when asked this question along the lines of "I don't think about it and neither should you" or something like that...

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Lego3400 on March 29, 2010, 03:42:04 AM
I belive the creator of Ranma 1/2 had a phrase when asked this question along the lines of "I don't think about it and neither should you" or something like that...

Well said, well said...... :cheers

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 29, 2010, 03:37:57 AM
So I decided at the start that it would be a simple no-go and axe the bull before it got out of the gate.  So no, shapechanging does not include the reproductive aspects. Those born with the female genetics have ze female ones, and while they can do a jolly good show of swapping their dangly bit aesthetics, they ultimately fire blanks.  And while there is a way to actually change your gender, which comes in handy for those who truly do feel they are the wrong gender, it isn't a simple hop-skip to do because I want to avoid too much huzzuvah when it comes to potential ramifications.
Thank you Ms. Ambers. Your logic is something to be followed.
THANK YOU.  :goamber

Anker Steadfast

Heh, firing blanks is a wonderfully .. politically correct way to say it. :D