11/20/09 [DMFA #1061] - DMFA loses its G-rating (not really)

Started by Shachza, November 20, 2009, 03:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 20, 2009, 03:26:50 PM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on November 20, 2009, 11:28:27 AM
(By the way, I've never understood the concept of backless tops....   :rolleyes)

Allow me to point something else out. Abel is also wearing one. And Mab is as well  A good chunk of a Furre's population has wings. There are going to be some brands that cater to those that do.  We've already seen the problem that results when they hide them and wear tops with backs in the case with Kria.  It's not surpassing they be  a common fashion even witht those who don't have them as a result.

Yeah, I get that with the winged characters--I was speaking more in general.  I don't think Gen has wings, anyway, does she...?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on November 20, 2009, 03:58:36 PM
Yeah, I get that with the winged characters--I was speaking more in general.  I don't think Gen has wings, anyway, does she...?

I dunno how it works, but a lot of people here love the idea of 'Cubi, Demons, Angels etc.  Maybe things would be different in a place where they actually exist and can eat your soul, but I would not be at all surprised if they had at least some following in Furrae as well.
What I'm trying to say is not that Gen wishes she was a succubus herself, but that things a Creature might wear could easily become fashionable among Beings too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Scrap Fish on November 20, 2009, 10:00:56 AM

Also, considering that Gen still considers Alexsi to be a Succubus

...Which made me realise Gen and Mab aren't talking about the same person. It looks like Gen came to Lost Lake to confront fake-Alexsi, but Mab thought she meant Aaryanna. I wonder if Abel's going to realise this before it jumps up and bites his tail. Possibly in the form of the rest of the Blunt Object Brigade...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on November 20, 2009, 05:05:35 PM
...Which made me realise Gen and Mab aren't talking about the same person. It looks like Gen came to Lost Lake to confront fake-Alexsi, but Mab thought she meant Aaryanna. I wonder if Abel's going to realise this before it jumps up and bites his tail. Possibly in the form of the rest of the Blunt Object Brigade...

This is true, but Abel doesn't know that she thought it was Alexsi unless he's pieced it together from her fragmented commentary and emotions.
(For example: "Merl going on an adventure" -> heartbreak, "must save Merlitz from succubus girlfriend" and the rivalry-related emotions connected with Alexsi)

He does know that Merlitz and Aary were dating though.  Even if he lets that slip, Gen might conclude that Aary was the one pretending to be Alexsi.  The only real danger is if Gen realises that Merl left before she saw him, and so far that has been neatly sidestepped.

EDIT:
I guess there's another danger that Mab slips Abel is a 'Cubi, but since he's not strictly a rival she might let that slide.  Anyway, Mab could realise that it wouldn't be a good idea, or protect him from Gen anyhow if they slip up.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Scrap Fish

"...things a Creature might wear could easily become fashionable among Beings too."

Remember, at any place, at any time, fashion can be anything it wants to be. In fictional universes, doubly so.
After all, consider that 16th sentury fashion once consisted of mid-thigh puffy trousers and neck braces.

As for how the top works, I'm pretty sure the collar is essential for it to... Hold its vertical integrity.
If you see a neckless backless, tell me. I'm pretty sure at that point you would need to resort to magic to make it work.
Or superglue.

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2009, 05:10:46 PM
Quote from: SpottedKitty on November 20, 2009, 05:05:35 PM

This is true, but Abel doesn't know that she thought it was Alexsi unless he's pieced it together from her fragmented commentary and emotions.
(For example: "Merl going on an adventure" -> heartbreak, "must save Merlitz from succubus girlfriend" and the rivalry-related emotions connected with Alexsi)

He does know that Merlitz and Aary were dating though.  Even if he lets that slip, Gen might conclude that Aary was the one pretending to be Alexsi.  The only real danger is if Gen realises that Merl left before she saw him, and so far that has been neatly sidestepped.

EDIT:
I guess there's another danger that Mab slips Abel is a 'Cubi, but since he's not strictly a rival she might let that slide.  Anyway, Mab could realise that it wouldn't be a good idea, or protect him from Gen anyhow if they slip up.

So... much.... soap.... (opera :3:U

Pvblivs

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2009, 05:10:46 PM
EDIT:
I guess there's another danger that Mab slips Abel is a 'Cubi, but since he's not strictly a rival she might let that slide.  Anyway, Mab could realise that it wouldn't be a good idea, or protect him from Gen anyhow if they slip up.

I would think there is a greater danger.

Okay, now the link works.  (I'm used to the HTML tag for a link.  But this requires that I guess the format.)

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Jack McSlay on November 20, 2009, 04:50:27 AM
Mab seems to have the amazing ability to talk while drinking tea
She could be talking around the straw :B

Hmm... Mab getting angry at Gen... Don't think so.  I think she got over any romantic rivalry in regards to Merlitz when he was dating Aary.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Terrion

If I remember right, Amber did a comic about the clothes in Furrai.

The way I see it, Gen's top stays up due to one or more of the following:

* Small clips which attach to the fur in front (which I believe Amber has mentioned before).

* Magic (which I also believe Amber has mentioned before).

* Paste (unlikely, as Gen is a furred being).

*Plot (an unreliable adhesive at best, due to the fact that if all you are relying on is plot to keep your top up, then you have no defense at all when plot changes its mind and decides to let the girls roam free).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Pvblivs on November 20, 2009, 08:42:12 PM
Okay, now the link works.  (I'm used to the HTML tag for a link.  But this requires that I guess the format.)

Or you could look in the help pages, which explain precisely how to do it. But perhaps it's just me who reads the manual? ;-]

Quote from: Terrion on November 21, 2009, 02:14:38 AM
* Plot (an unreliable adhesive at best, due to the fact that if all you are relying on is plot to keep your top up, then you have no defense at all when plot changes its mind and decides to let the girls roam free).

On the other hand, if you're happy for the girls to roam free, it can be a fairly good position to take - you can blame plot for it, every time. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

I always thought her necklace was part of the top and that was holding it up, as for other thing staying up I'd say Gen is the kind of person who would have gone for 'augmentations' ,maybe from a free surgery coupon.

Edit: although magic could be involved as the top does seemed to have changed shape since here
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Pvblivs

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 21, 2009, 05:05:13 AM
Quote from: Pvblivs on November 20, 2009, 08:42:12 PM

Or you could look in the help pages, which explain precisely how to do it. But perhaps it's just me who reads the manual? ;-]

Actually, I didn't even notice help pages were available.  I normally expect a help link to be set off from everything else and conspicuous.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mmm. Well, good point. But, we didn't write the default theme. There is a new default theme with the new version of the forum, but that's a fair way away yet, and even then, we're not going to spend more than a few minutes making a new theme. Call us lazy, but we'd rather spend time on things that pay the rent...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sofox

The top has always been suspended by a strap that goes around the back of her neck.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 21, 2009, 06:06:10 AM
I always thought her necklace was part of the top and that was holding it up, as for other thing staying up I'd say Gen is the kind of person who would have gone for 'augmentations' ,maybe from a free surgery coupon.

Edit: although magic could be involved as the top does seemed to have changed shape since here

I think its more of a thing where Amber draws the detail in the comic depending on how much free time she has while producing a particular strip.  Some days she has less time, so she puts less detail in it.  Other days she has more time so she works on it more.

Also, not every busty woman went to go get surgery to get that way, most of them are that way naturally.  I like to think Genesis is naturally busty.