10/16/09 [DMFA #1050] - Irresistable sexy black belt

Started by Kipiru, October 16, 2009, 09:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheCubiWolf

Reading the rant, Amber and my mom are somewhat alike. They both dislike the tinyest bit of snow.
I'm back, and tired.

rhyfe2002

Quote from: terrycloth on October 16, 2009, 02:02:22 PM
Supposedly, the secret to sexy clothing is to make it look like it might fall off accidentally. There was a study on it and stuff.

Being naked == zero chance of accidentally losing clothing == zero sexiness. Even a wolly sweater might spontaenously combust! :mowcookie

A black sash held on precariously by a flimsy plastic brooch? MROOWR.

It's not as if the sash falling off would make much of a difference in reveal-ness.  >:3 Oh wait...

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 16, 2009, 09:37:03 AM
Edit: I also notice she has a picture of her original home in the background

Quote from: Dard on October 16, 2009, 02:23:55 PM
BTW, Matilda may be more or less an exile, but she still has a picture of home in her apartment.

Yuo both assume that the picture is of her home dimension but in the first panel of the Furrae Fashion Laws she says her home is a place where everything is on fire. Assuming she has no reason to lie and she does then the picture can't be her home. It's probably just a piece of art up on the wall or a photo of a place she has been.

Auron

I need to thank Amber for reminding me to finish up that picture... Even if she wasn't aware she was reminding me. Anywho, the belt really does suit her. Then again black is just a great color combo with blue. Actually my two favorite colors for that reason.

PS. So the random reminding me part isn't just rambling. The picture in question. http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2922415

Akisohida

Matilda is why I made a cobra-taur-ish character. :) She is just so darn neat in a body-type and such that I HAD to challenge my writing to make a great description of one and stay unique instead of just putting a pic of her into words. :P

Oh, and that sash has +5 Cute on it. ^.^
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

ChaoSynergy

On the subject of "zomg why does Matilda have no neeplez", I offer two possible theories;

The Super-Scientific But Not Really Theory
1) Seeing as the majority of races in the DMFA universe are magic users, there is probably some sort of low-level, highly simplistic illusion spell which basically self-censors various naughty bits, something which is no doubt extremely handy to those critters who, as stated before in the Matilda mini-comic, odd anatomy doesn't play nice with clothing, or their home realm is not clothing-friendly.

The More Than Likely Closer To The Truth Theory
2) Comic is rated PG, so characters are drawn genitalia-less for the sake of keeping that rating.  Due to this, those who are "nude" are not seen as nude, unless it is required by plot, which at that point the victim and all those around them have a sudden spontaneous realization to said victim's nudity.

Wanderer

I seem to remember knowing that Matilda's "breasts" were not in fact breasts at all in the mammilian sense, but rather served some other purpose. I don't know where I learned that from, but I'm thinking it may have been mentioned by Amber in the forums the last time we saw Matilda. Which was... good Heavens, three years ago. I'm not sure it's possible to know for sure, since that was before this forum existed.

Lucheek

You sure that's a picture? I thought it was a window. Maybe's she's far enough away from the Blue Valcano (the name of her species) that she is still in exile. Also, Odd One, if you take anything near a volcano it would catch on fire. Rocks, however, don't really catch on fire as much as they burn. So maybe when she meant "everything is on fire," she meant to say that objects taken to the area would burst into flames. I'm betting since its a volcanoe with blue lava, this is indeed the "Blue Volcano."

Also: Butterfly brooch! How very pretty!

and even though I useally try to stay out of any conversation relating to a characters boobs, I'll say this about the nipple/no-nipple thing. Matilda is not a mammal, and thus doesn't lactate, and thus doesn't need nipples. Amber said on her FA account that Matilda has boobs because they are fun to draw. Wildy is a mammal, does lactated, and thus has nipples.

God. I feel unpure for talking about cartoon boobs.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Wanderer on October 16, 2009, 06:04:52 PM
I seem to remember knowing that Matilda's "breasts" were not in fact breasts at all in the mammilian sense, but rather served some other purpose. I don't know where I learned that from, but I'm thinking it may have been mentioned by Amber in the forums the last time we saw Matilda. Which was... good Heavens, three years ago. I'm not sure it's possible to know for sure, since that was before this forum existed.

You could always go look in the archived version of the old forum.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Wanderer

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2009, 08:24:08 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on October 16, 2009, 06:04:52 PM

You could always go look in the archived version of the old forum.
That assumes I know where it is.

Besides, that was hours ago. You think my attention-span lasts that long? I'm thinking about far more interesting things now! :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on October 16, 2009, 04:08:20 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on October 16, 2009, 09:37:03 AM
Edit: I also notice she has a picture of her original home in the background

Quote from: Dard on October 16, 2009, 02:23:55 PM
BTW, Matilda may be more or less an exile, but she still has a picture of home in her apartment.

Yuo both assume that the picture is of her home dimension but in the first panel of the Furrae Fashion Laws she says her home is a place where everything is on fire. Assuming she has no reason to lie and she does then the picture can't be her home. It's probably just a piece of art up on the wall or a photo of a place she has been.

Quote from Matilda's cast page
"Matilda was raised in a place called "Blue Volcano". While not a real volcano of sorts, the whole place was a land of blue-hot flames which Matilda's species are known to thrive in. "

So it could be a photo, a drawing or more likely a symbol to represent the blue volcano. Also what makes you think its in another dimension? There are places on our planet that can look quite alien.

I don't believe its a window either.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Wanderer

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2009, 09:16:03 PM
It's over here, where it's been for ages.
Sure, but who ever goes over there? ~_^

I'll go searching later to see if I'm imagining what I think I remember or not.

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 16, 2009, 09:27:11 PM
Quote from Matilda's cast page
"Matilda was raised in a place called "Blue Volcano". While not a real volcano of sorts, the whole place was a land of blue-hot flames which Matilda's species are known to thrive in. "

So it could be a photo, a drawing or more likely a symbol to represent the blue volcano. Also what makes you think its in another dimension? There are places on our planet that can look quite alien.

True I just assumed it was, but your right it most likely wasn't a different dimension.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 16, 2009, 10:32:09 AM
Quote from: Succubus_1982 on October 16, 2009, 10:23:31 AM
Poor Matilda  :cry I feel so bad for her now. If Dan does anything to upset her so help me........  >(

While what Dan did certainly doesn't seem to have taken her feelings into account properly, it should also be borne in mind that she's been trying to push Dan into going out with her before he's really ready to do so.
I'm not sure Dan has quite twigged exactly how eager she is for something like this.

At this point, I'd have to say the odds are 90% that Dan didn't give Matilda a full briefing of the situation.  Unlikely to end well.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 16, 2009, 10:32:32 AM
Way back, in the Perfect Date mini-arc, I remarked that Matilda seemed too normal to have a relationship with Dan. I think I'm going to have to revise that statement. Not there yet, but leading in that direction.
You haven't yet realized that everyone is strange in there own unique way!?  How dare you  :3

Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 16, 2009, 12:38:13 PM
Ok.. there's magic in this comic.  Fairy Tale creatures and the like.  If you're going to start trying to apply things like science and other forms of 'logic', it's going to fail on so many levels.  Also keep in mind that it's likely a simple answer like "she has boobs so it's easier to tell that she is female or has a female personality" or even something like "artistic choice".  Logic and the like quite possibly had nothing to do with it.
Non-Mammal Mammaries. That is all :)

As for the snow, It has snowed down here in Utah on Hallow's Eve.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Naldru

Speaking of snow.

I saw an interview a while back with former American President Carter and his wife.  While he was in the Navy, he was stationed in Schenectady, New York (near Albany) for a while.  Mrs. Carter was describing how much she hated the snow and was threatening her husband unless he found a different posting.

My family also lived in Schenectady for a while, and I told my mother about the interview since she had similar feelings about the town.  She said it proved Mrs. Carter was intelligent.  Personally, I just viewed shoveling five feet of snow off the sidewalk as normal.

I heard it once snowed in Philadelphia, PA on July 4.  And I understand that it routinely snows in New Zealand in July. :U  :)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Naldru on October 17, 2009, 07:56:36 AM
Speaking of snow.

I heard it once snowed in Philadelphia, PA on July 4.  And I understand that it routinely snows in New Zealand in July. :U  :)

Yeah, but New Zealand is in the southern hemisphere, so July is winter there.

For those who dislike snow, the bad news is that the Pacific Decadal Oscillation has switched to a cooling phase,  so North America can expect cooling for the next twenty plus years.

Shachza

Oh hi there Matil...

Must date the black sash with butterfly brooch...   :boggle
            <-- #1 that is!