Pedaling Paws for United Paws Animations!

Started by Alondro, October 02, 2009, 12:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Hey all.

My bike-a-thon fund-raiser is this Sunday.  So far I'll be going 53 miles (got 3 people so far buying an extra mile to add tot he 50-mile core) through south-central NJ, including North and South Lakeshore roads in Browns Mills, Range Road through the Ft Dix training ranges, historic New Egypt township, the farmland preservation and equestrian region of Plumstead Township, and the Pine Barrens transition zone from Rt 539 to Rt 70.

I'm doing a last little request for donations before the trip in case anyone here would like to buy a mile.  Each mile is a $20 donation and can be sent via Paypal using the address unitedpa@unitedpawsstudios.org as the recipient.

If you'd like a donation form to fill out and email back to me for a receipt (we're 501(c)3, so donations are tax-deductible), please make a note of that in the Paypal message and/or leave me a message here. 

I'll be checking the United Paws email for the last time for this event on Sunday morning, around 8 am, so all additional miles must be purchased before that time.

I'll be making a video of highlights of the ride, the link for which I'll post here after I've edited it into a workable form for YouTube.

On an additional note, this is coming rather late due to mainstream life interfering rather severely this year.  Next year, all the information will be in place on the United Paws website, likely as early as by Anthrocon.

PS:  Thanks to Dmoon for the work on the website!   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Can I get several people together and see if we can crank you up to a couple hundred miles?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 02, 2009, 01:35:54 PM

Can I get several people together and see if we can crank you up to a couple hundred miles?

Ha ha ha!

As if that could happen in this economy!   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Joe3210

"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Alondro

It's Pandora's Box...

DON'T OPEN IT!!!   :U

UPDATE:  Biking is all done!  I did a bit over 56 miles (61.18 on my odometer, which gives a reading of 1.07 miles for every actual mile.  I measured 5 times to be sure.  I'm very thorough about such things.   :3 )

Now I must figure out what to do with the video clips.  I'll see if I need help getting them into a presentable form when  I have time to go over them this week.