Max Payne

Started by Rakala, October 27, 2008, 11:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

I saw this movie a little bit ago, all-in-all a big dissapointment. I expected this awesome action movie with lots of gunfights. There were 4 in the whole movie and only 2 lived up to what was expected. They spent too much time on plot and character development. The plot was pretty awful and the characters were so two dimensional they didn't really need any back story. I figured out how it was going to end in the first half hour.

Turnsky

"Paging Mr Boll, Paging Mr Boll, you have a fan..."

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Kipiru

Oh, came on the movie wasn't all that bad(and definitely not Boll-class bad). Though I do agree that there weren't nearly enough gunfights, the atmosphere was great. Plus Mark Wahlberg is spot on as Max. I hope they make a sequel that fixes the problems with the action!

Alondro

Spent too much time on plot and character development?

I didn't notice either one of those things, unless you count poorly written cliche tripe as plot.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Rakala

Quote from: Kipiru on October 31, 2008, 08:30:46 AM
Oh, came on the movie wasn't all that bad(and definitely not Boll-class bad). Though I do agree that there weren't nearly enough gunfights, the atmosphere was great. Plus Mark Wahlberg is spot on as Max. I hope they make a sequel that fixes the problems with the action!

Yeah, that was the big problem. I wanted a big action movie and I got a big plate of dissapointment. :(

Kipiru

Yep! Maybe to someone who hasn't seen the game the movie would be acceptable, but considering it's target viewer is the Max Payne fans, the lack of action is a suicide flaw.

Rakala

I haven't played Max Payne.

Kipiru

So it's worse than I thought!

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Kipiru on October 31, 2008, 10:46:17 AM
Yep! Maybe to someone who hasn't seen the game the movie would be acceptable, but considering it's target viewer is the Max Payne fans, the lack of action is a suicide flaw.

Hi there! :D Cliche, yes. Fun, yes.

Perfectly Acceptable Detective/Action Movie.

And I haven't played the game.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Kipiru

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 31, 2008, 02:50:21 PM
Quote from: Kipiru on October 31, 2008, 10:46:17 AM

Hi there! :D Cliche, yes. Fun, yes.

Perfectly Acceptable Detective/Action Movie.

And I haven't played the game.

So my theory holds, Max Payne the movie is not a complete loss! I await the sequel!

Nelix

Although I haven't seen the Movie, I've played the games, and if the two gun gun fights live up to exceptions I'll be happy. :mowhappy

Rakala

Only once in the movie does he use two guns at once, but that one scene is totally worth sitting through the movie for. I thought the movie was good, don't get me wrong, but I was dissapointed with the end result.