Filler Comics

Started by AndersW, September 19, 2008, 10:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

These are the filler comics that we have had over the last week.  I didn't see any topics started for them, so I decided to start a topic for all of them.  Which ones do you like and why?

Crocdragon89 (scaled down)

Katmat (scaled down)

Hunnydew

Doctor Ink

Kory Schueler

Andera Fly

Supa Dave (scaled down)

Kipiru

I just love the cute Mab from the second one, really funny style. And the romantic one with Pyro and Alexis is also very touching.
     But my absolute favourite is the one with Dan and Matilda. I just love the grip she has on him- " ALL HANDS ON DAAAN!"-just puts a smile on my face. It may not be the best one in art terms but still the expression on Matilda's face is really great.  :mowmeep

rt

The painted look to Alexi and Pyroduck sticks out as a really different style/method you don't see much of.

All good and well done. I choose .. all of the above. And why? Cause I can.

Aleolus

>.>  I think that the last one, with Matilda and Dan is my favorite <.<  Tooooo  sweet.

AmigaDragon

Now why didn't I see this thread a few minutes ago?  :P

I see I missed a couple fillers while I was laying fevered in bed. Matilda looks quite flexible in her forelegs (middle limbs). I can see wrapping around with the feet pointing down, but upwards?!?
And I see their tails almost look like they're entwined, until you look closely.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

AndersW

I like the one of Abel by Kory Schueler.  If you look at the eyes it almost looks like he is on the verge of tears.  And he isn't wearing anything.  It just makes him look so vulnerable, you just want to comfort him.

Edit: New filler up

Azraelle

My favorite is the second one, of Mab.  Love that style.

Although the newest one on the site, with Abel and Jyrras, is awesome as well.

!KCA

Jyrras looks inordinately giddy in the connect-the-dots picture. Has he been spending too much time with Deebs?

Timothy

OMG the connect-the-dots filler almost made me snort milk through my nose with laughter while having my morning bowl of serials.

Excellent!  :mwaha
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Timothy on September 20, 2008, 10:01:02 AM
OMG the connect-the-dots filler almost made me snort milk through my nose with laughter while having my morning bowl of serials.

I wanna know how he talked Abel into that.  Among other things,he could de-spot himself fairly easily if he wanted.  Or heck, move the spots around while Jyrras isn't looking.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

rabid_fox

"Join the dots Abel" has a belter of an expression. I chortled and was moved to post in here, which is a rarity.

Oh dear.

Ghostwish

O.O

*SNORT*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa..... can't breath..

Oh Jyrras, it was nice knowing you. And that's really not a good way to show affection for your latest crush either.

Now, on a more serious note, I can't put my paw on it, but that art style reminds me of an artist that used to do Sonic fanfics.. let me go through my archive of bookmarks and see if I can't find him again.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 20, 2008, 10:12:25 AM

Or heck, move the spots around while Jyrras isn't looking.

Wouldn't it be even more fun (cue evil-cute-fangy-kitty Abel face) to move the spots around while Jyrras is looking...?   >:3
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on September 20, 2008, 10:21:47 AM
Wouldn't it be even more fun to move the spots around while Jyrras is looking...?   >:3

If you do it when his head turns, you have the added fun of guessing how long it takes him to notice.

Jairus

Oh, that is the most adorable thing ever. Though Abel vaguely looks like he wants to hurt Jyrras... don't hurt the guy crushing on you, Abel!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Jakon

Forget his little game of "connect-the-spots", I think Jyrras is trying to cop a feel.

Slowtini

To put it bluntly, I lol'd.

It reminded me of that episode of Ed Edd and Eddy, where they connect the pimples on Ed's back to make a sailboat.

Lucheek

I tottally want to make an animation of Abel having his spots do some kind of flea-circus on his back.

Naldru

Quote from: Lucheek on September 20, 2008, 05:28:36 PM
I tottally want to make an animation of Abel having his spots do some kind of flea-circus on his back.
How about the spots forming the words "Go Away", "Don't Bother Me", or "Leave or Die"

Has Abel met Deathbringer? I was wondering whether the look on Abel's face was due to Jyrras's artwork or the presence of Deathbringer.

Ah, the thought of drawing lines on the back brings back memories of allergy scratch tests.  (They draw a checkerboard on your back and try a different allergy test in each square.)  I'm not saying that they're pleasant memories.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Gamma

I saw that piece of artwork fairly recently, I just can't place where.  :doh

As far as Abel meeting Deebs, I'll bet if she yelled her name again he would think it cute rather then shocking. I theorize how he would react to her otherwise though.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

PellaFera

Thanks so much for posting all the fillers!  was sad about missing them.  The connect-the-dots on Abel's back killed me laughing, though.  My absolute fav!   :boogie  It's also cool to me that the author scaled them properly.  You usually can't tell the Jyrras is so much smaller than everyone around him, which makes me wibble with joy, for some reason. XD

Lucheek

Quote from: Gamma on September 20, 2008, 08:16:35 PM
I saw that piece of artwork fairly recently, I just can't place where.  :doh

As far as Abel meeting Deebs, I'll bet if she yelled her name again he would think it cute rather then shocking. I theorize how he would react to her otherwise though.

When Amber posted "Rejected Abel Pose #3", the directory it was listed in contained this picture. If you went through all of it, you saw it.

Tafreer

The first thing I thought of when I saw that last filler was this:

http://www.theclassm.com/d/20050326.html

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keijiei on September 20, 2008, 11:47:15 PM
The first thing I thought of when I saw that last filler was this:
http://www.theclassm.com/d/20050326.html

You weren't the only one.  I didn't have time to find the strip, though...

Kipiru

You gotta love the expression on Deebs- pure delight!  :mowhappy

Ghostwish

And I do believe Abel's expression was pure 'WTF!?'. Gotta wonder how his expression would change in the next few panels. XD

Aleolus

Would someone be willing to tell me who did that particular piece of art, with Jy drawing on Abel?  Because that looks remarkably like the artwork for the Catena comic

*EDIT*  Also, who was the one who donated the 50 cents, I wonder?  >.>

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aleolus on September 21, 2008, 01:56:30 PM
Would someone be willing to tell me who did that particular piece of art, with Jy drawing on Abel?  Because that looks remarkably like the artwork for the Catena comic

http://supadave-3.deviantart.com/art/Abel-and-Jyrras-92912377

Alterationartist

For the firsttime seeing the Abel and Jyrras one, My eyes were first drawn to the text, questioned what the text meant for a second, then saw the duck, followed by disturbing public laughter, followed by art class. Whee!
Round 9!