Colbert report show

Started by Gryphon, April 15, 2008, 09:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphon

This is for April 15, 2008.

You don't have to watch. But if you do you might see a certain idiot gryphon whooping, hollering and fist pumping on the right about 8 rows from the stage. He's the only one in a jacket despite 90 degree room temperature.

Oh yes. I AM BACK BABY!

Sunblink

YOU are a lucky lucky lucky LUCKY gryphon. Seriously.

Steal Mr. Colbert's tie for me.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Gryphon

Couldn't. Security was all over the place. If you saw who the guest was you'd have a batch of security as well. Besides. Colbert is actually a nice guy. Wouldn't be nice and all that.

And the fact that I couldn't even get close to the guy either.

Alondro

Seriously, why is he considered funny?

John Stewart is funnier than he is, and I don't even think John Stewart is that funny either.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Gryphon

Honestly? For one thing you do know that he is acting right? He really isn't like that in real life. That said. His character is a bit like... that guy who is so far over the edge with his staunch beliefs and patriotism that he's come back from the other side. He's the fool/jester that doesn't realize he's the fool/jester. Plus you have to admit that he's got some great support staff. The guy who provides the snark in today's word? Great.

Alondro

That's what I mean.  I know it's acting.  But that sort of over-the-top left-wing/right-wing political farcing just gets dull to me very fast.

Using the stereotypes as one character in a series, or for a gag here and there is one thing.  When the whole show is nothing but the stereotype, it wears thin very quickly.

I'd hate the opposite too, with an ultra-liberal stereotype making himself/herself/itself look stupid.  Stupid people aren't funny to me.  They're just annoying.  That's why I hate "Jackass" too.

And then "Time" goes and names him as something like most influential person of the year.  Uhm... that doesn't speak much of how useful people were this past year.  6.5 billion on the planet, and he was the best?
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

bill

his wikipedia article is longer than Walter Cronkite's

Wikipedia is terrible FYI

Sunblink

Quote from: bill on April 17, 2008, 02:02:04 PM
his wikipedia article is longer than Walter Cronkite's

Wikipedia is terrible FYI

I'm a Colbert fan, and even I can admit there's something wrong with that. :<

Quote from: Alondro on April 17, 2008, 08:18:03 AM
I'd hate the opposite too, with an ultra-liberal stereotype making himself/herself/itself look stupid.  Stupid people aren't funny to me.  They're just annoying.  That's why I hate "Jackass" too.

Actually, even though I civilly disagree with you, I do see where you're coming from. The excerpt copied in the quote above is probably the reason Family Guy can be a little tiring for me (although I actually like that show most of the time). :<

To an extent, I love Jon Stewart a little more than Stephen Colbert, because his views and humor is so straightforward and nowhere near as subtle (e.g, concealed by acting) as Colbert's. Colbert and Stewart are different types of satirical. However, I just can't dislike Colbert. I'm a hopeless fangirl.

~Keaton the Black Jackal
P.S.: By the way, I apologize if I seem a little unclear. Not even going to sleep at 9 PM can slake my exhaustion.

Alondro

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 18, 2008, 11:48:53 AM

However, I just can't dislike Colbert. I'm a hopeless fangirl.

Ah-ha!  You must be a liberal!  You shall be burninated by the vast right-wing conspiracy... WHICH I COMMAND!!!   :mwaha

*sends out the mob to attack Keaton!*

:mob