Greetings and Salutations!

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 04, 2008, 08:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Greetings and salutations, good people of the Clockwork Mansion Forums. I have been reading DMFA for quite some time (3 or 4 years, I think), and now I finally decided to join the forum community. You all seem to be a fun bunch, and my life was starting to get a wee bit boring lately.  :<
A few words about myself: I live in the cold and snowy city of Moscow, where one has to fight off brown bears with a balalaika and drink lots of vodka to stay warm... WAIT, SCRATCH THAT!! Well, it is rather cold here right now. But the rest is present only in fantasy variation of Russia... Oh, and vodka is a lie too.   :B
I am a student in linguistics, and I am also a writer. Not that I'm getting paid for writing yet, but maybe one day... Well, I don't really know what to say about myself. I don't really like to talk much about myself, anyway. But I am looking forward to learning more about you as I visit this forum.
I'll learn all of your deepest secrets, all of them! You can not hide anything from the Inquisition! MWA-HA-HA-HA-AHEM..!!
Sorry for that little outburst... Anyway, hello to you all again!!  :)

Damaris

Welcome!  I don't know that we have anyone else from your geographic region, so this will be interesting!

And, I'm sorry to say, that will most likely be the last normal greeting you receive.

:zombiekun2

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Suwako

Hello there! I am Aiyno, so obviously stated above my avatar and not worth mentioning at all. I hope You'll enjoy yourself Russian person and that your country will be assimilated into the European union soon of which I am not the leader.. officially...  Anyway, to protect yourself I feel you need no aid, as you life in a country which is far more dangerous than mine and stuff. Oh, and do you think that's air you are breathing now?

Air is a lie!

:erk

llearch n'n'daCorna

You know what's really interesting? You've got better English than most of the peopel on here to whom English is their first language...

I wonder if that says something about education these days... ;-]

Welcome our little corner of the 'Net. Try not to get any stupid on your shoes on the way in. Or out...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

To Damaris: Don't feel sorry for me... I am ready for anything! I might as well turn out to be one of the crazier people here! After all, SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!!  >:O

To Aiyno: No, I am currently breathing LCL that fills my lungs. No fresh air for me.  :<

To llearch: Sometimes I think that my English is better than my Russian... :paranoid Oh, and stupid does not get on my shoes. Stupid is AFRAID of my shoes of doom and dispair!

To everyone: Thank you for your warm welcome! Hugs to all!!!  :intro

Pagan

Judging from your introduction, you're going to fit in here very nicely.

Welcome to the forums.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Gabi

Well, we have something in common. I'm also the only one from my country on this forum. Greetings from Argentina!

Some of my great-grandparents came from Russia back in the early 1900s.

Anyway, welcome to the asylum! Err... I mean the forum.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Dannysaysnoo

Continuing the tradition of Only Country people, Welcome, from the only forumite from Scotland!

Ren Gaulen

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on February 04, 2008, 11:32:50 AM
Continuing the tradition of Only Country people, Welcome, from the only forumite from Scotland!

Really?  I thought there were at least a couple others.  In any case, you're not the only forumite from Great Britain!

I find it amusing how often the people for whom English is their second or third language have better grammar than those for whom it is the first.

Also, Russia is cool.

Damaris

I'm pretty sure we have at least one other person from Scotland.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kenji

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 04, 2008, 02:06:51 PM
Only Country People, Unite!!!  >:O

Only country people? That's a lot of inbreeding.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Kenji on February 04, 2008, 07:54:00 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 04, 2008, 02:06:51 PM
Only Country People, Unite!!!  >:O

Only country people? That's a lot of inbreeding.

I was not talking about country people...  :erk
Why am I destined to be always misinterpreted?..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 04, 2008, 08:28:11 PM
Luck?

Skill, I think.

Also, welcome to the forums. Don't trust anyone, especially people who who look like boxes, or tell you not to trust things. And don't eat the muffins, really, don't.
:3

Eibborn

Welcome in! You seem interesting, and I mean that in the least threatening possible way. Fo' reals.
/kicks the internet over

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 04, 2008, 09:54:48 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 04, 2008, 08:28:11 PM
Luck?

Skill, I think.

Also, welcome to the forums. Don't trust anyone, especially people who who look like boxes, or tell you not to trust things. And don't eat the muffins, really, don't.
:3

People who look like boxes?...
SOLID SNAKE?!? HE IS HERE?!  :O

And why should I not eat muffins? I like muffins!!  :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

* llearch n'n'daCorna edges away from Ren, and casts an eye over at RJ *

Gabi

This sequence of images should explain the reason.
:rj :doommuffin :explosion
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Gabi on February 05, 2008, 09:02:17 AM
This sequence of images should explain the reason.
:rj :doommuffin :explosion

Mmm... The Nuclear Muffin... My favourite...     :)
Then again, a Muffin of Doom is fine too...  >:3