SquareEnix...

Started by Xuzaf D, May 08, 2006, 09:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuzaf D

Has announced the next five years of games Including FFXIII and its sequal. WTF!?!? Can't they just finish the last twelve games they announced?
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705652p1.html
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705665p1.html

Darkmoon

FF vs XIII?

Final Fight Versus XIII? Dude, XIII was that boss cell shaded FPS right? Final Fight versus XIII could rule.

olroxshade

I got my copy of FFVII advent children!!!!!!!!!1

Xuzaf D

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 08, 2006, 10:21:29 PM
FF vs XIII?

Final Fight Versus XIII? Dude, XIII was that boss cell shaded FPS right? Final Fight versus XIII could rule.

That would actually suck hard I'm guessing. Anyway, what do you think about SquareEnix always announcing there games even before they start working on them? FF13 was already announced a few months ago and the article mentioned how the production team wasn't even together yet.

Achirio

Hmmm i thought they would stop with 12 O.o guess they still wanna milk more money out of them.

Darkmoon

It's obvious they're milking as much as possible now. Making sequels for games they haven't even released yet. I thought the whole point of a "Final" Fantasy was that this adventure was the penultimate fnatasy for that universe, and while there are other universe to have adventures (each game in the series), no adventure would be as big... so what's the point then?

Achirio

Actually, its final fantasy because FF1 was supposed to be square's last game ever so they named it that O_o anything else, they just made it up later so it doesn't sound that corny.

Xuzaf D

Yes and no. The obviously decided to make every "sequal" to be it's own stand alone and "final" story. However, they just made those endings more and more vague. Just look at FF7... a big glowing explosion... and it's not even 100% definite that the human race wasn't wiped out.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Achirio on May 09, 2006, 04:07:46 PM
Actually, its final fantasy because FF1 was supposed to be square's last game ever so they named it that O_o anything else, they just made it up later so it doesn't sound that corny.

Well yes, but that's not the meaning of the name now.

I haven't really been a supporter of Square since FFXI. They've done side story games for a while now (Mystic Quest, Tactics). I don't see why an Online game that you nver can really finish is considered part of the series and not, well, FFOnline. They just wanted the number on the name to help milk the franchise.

Destina Faroda

All I can say is that I wish SE would put as much effort into developing the rumored sequel Ogre Battle: In the Lap of the Gods.

*watches pigs fly*
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Yeah, heven't heard anything on the OB front in a long time.