12/25/07 [#55] - Slick's learning all about Addy's breath now

Started by stiletto, December 25, 2007, 10:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiletto

Well, I half expected that one, but I couldn't be sure. Here's hoping Addy didn't jump to conclusions too much. He is kind of cute, and though I know that's not what she's going for, she does seem rather peeved the loss of fur there. He is a 'kitty people' though.

I didn't quite get the joke the first time, but Jig was so kind as to explain that he's missing fur from his earlier laser shot from Jason. Only two left, Jig and Silk of the Solar Winds. Snrk, Silk. Wonder who'll they'll pick.

Next comic on Saturday Night. Waaaaaaaaaaay too long to wait.

llearch n'n'daCorna

My guess is, Jig gets Daisy.

Silk gets... hmmm. Doesn't really matter, I'd say. Might show up later, but so far...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Interesting.  So, to what degree is his arm damaged, I wonder?  And is he left or right-handed?

The other question is how he got it.  Stiletto is saying it's a laser-burn from the marksmanship round.  However, it seems to be around the entire wrist, unless they shaved the fur to treat the burn and even then they seem to have overdone it.  And even then, I thought they were supposed to be using nonlethal weapons at that point...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

"nonlethal" in a lethal game show leaves a lot of variation. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they were "technically nonlethal" - like rubber bullets.

A lucky hit can -still- kill you. Or an aimed one.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 26, 2007, 05:44:53 PM
"nonlethal" in a lethal game show leaves a lot of variation. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they were "technically nonlethal" - like rubber bullets.

IMHO, a laser powerful enough to do that to him is going to be about as nonlethal as a sniper round.  If you shoot someone in the leg with it they probably won't die...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I grant you that much, and yes, I -do- think it's a bit over the top.

I was thinking the cuffs had done some of the damage as well, though... I'm not sure if that makes it any better...

stiletto

I asked about the 'clean circle' looking loss of fur, and Jig said it's just from the laser shot. Perhaps it's just very hot but not very penetrating, and thus a bunch of fur was singed away in the process?

techmaster-glitch

That's what I was thinking. Not necessarily deadly, but hurts like hell.

AndersW

My thought after seeing his arm was that maybe he was dead inside.  It was said that they had fur discoloration, and the colors on his arm looked about right.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: AndersW on December 28, 2007, 12:44:56 AM
My thought after seeing his arm was that maybe he was dead inside.  It was said that they had fur discoloration, and the colors on his arm looked about right.

That's not fur discoloration; that's charred, blistered skin that's been grafted enough to be reasonably smooth.

Alice Quinn is an example of a Djinn with 'Discolored Skin' — that is to say, she's discolored all over. Localized Discoloration can be a lot of things, but it's not proof of being Dead Inside.

At the moment, all that Slick's discoloration is proof of . . . is a sloppy heal job. Of course, anything beats what his arm looked like directly after the third-degree burns, but a good heal not only would have put the fur back on his arm, it'd be shiny, soft, dog-show-grade fur.  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

AndersW