Pitch-inclined people needed

Started by Angel, August 10, 2007, 02:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

I heard my little brother whistling this tune last week, and it sounded familiar. I asked him where he'd heard it, but he couldn't remember. So I asked him to hum it again, wrote down the notes, and asked others about it, but so far, no-one I asked remembers, though they all thought it sounded familiar. So even though I know it's weird, I'm gonna type the notes and see if someone here can place it. (I tried googling it. Nada.) It's got a fast beat, and it's in 4/4 timing, in the key of B minor.

F# B A F# E D E F# E D C#
F# B A F# E D E F# A F F#
F# B A F# E D E F# E D C#
F# B A F# E E D E D B

If you need me to type the beat, I'll do it. But that feels like a stretch for some reason.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

superluser

Quote from: Black_angel on August 10, 2007, 02:35:33 PMIf you need me to type the beat, I'll do it. But that feels like a stretch for some reason.

Sounds vaguely familiar.  The beat might help, since I assume that there are two eighth notes in there somewhere.  Also, are you sure that there's an F natural in there?

Edit...I think I mistranscribed the lousy thing.  Somehow, I got something like 10 notes for F# B A F# E D E F#.  Hence the eighth note stuff.

Oh, and I assume that the final B is an octave below the other B, right?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Angel

Yup. I just didn't type that it was. Sorry.

The song has roughly the same tempo as "Dance, Dance" by Fall Out Boy. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to type the rhythm.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Aridas

This thread hasn't gone very far, has it?

Just find the tempo and find the appropriate spacing, whether it be 1 2 3 4 or 12345678 or however. You can type no notes as hyphens, and if need be, a tilde to indicate a held note.

RJ

I have no musical skills whatsoever. :<

Shadrok

Quote from: Black_angel on August 10, 2007, 04:48:30 PM
Yup. I just didn't type that it was. Sorry.

The song has roughly the same tempo as "Dance, Dance" by Fall Out Boy. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to type the rhythm.

Do you think this might help illustrate the rhythm?

Sienna Maiu - M T

That's a snazzy program there Shadrok.

Well, unless you've figured it out by now, could you get a recording of it as well? I can't actually note-read and stuff.

GabrielsThoughts

I don't know what it is either but it sounds pretty sweet on my guitar.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.