Finally! (Thread contains lifelong ambition being achieved)

Started by rabid_fox, July 14, 2007, 10:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabid_fox

I got me a medal, I did. This has only been a hangup of mine for the last fifteen years or so. I kept winning things that didn't involve medals and I have desperately wanted a medal for the longest time now. Today, I finally won a medal.

Huzzah, hurrah.

To make this topic more interesting - what relatively minor things have you been obsessed with achieving in your life and why?

Another one of mine was learning to play an instrument because my music teacher of three years told me, as I left the school "You'll never play a musical instrument, Diarmuid". Grr. Now I play several quite well.

Oh dear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

xHaZxMaTx

Xuzaf D

I always wanted to steal useless shit from people's houses like condiments and batteries. Not enough for people to know it was theft, but enough for them to notice they can never find that last roll of toilet paper when they need it.

rabid_fox

Quote from: Malicious Appendix Dalmunda on July 14, 2007, 11:08:45 PM
I always wanted to steal useless shit from people's houses like condiments and batteries. Not enough for people to know it was theft, but enough for them to notice they can never find that last roll of toilet paper when they need it.

There's a wonderful poem about that called "Stealing" - Carol Ann Duffy wrote it. Some wonderful lines in there.

The medal was for the Rotary Club's Runway Run (airport runway gets shut, competition occurs).

Oh dear.