Work, Health...and Kittens!(Now with pics!)

Started by TheGreyRonin, April 12, 2007, 04:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreyRonin

Yes, I've been scarce lately, though I stop in every day or two at least to keep up. My work schedule lately has been randomly shuffled every few days, in no small part due to the lovely South Dakota weather. Yes, South Dakota, where yesterday we got a few inches of snow. In April.

It's been snowing off and on for seven months now.

My health has been a bit off as well, but that comes and goes. *shrugs*

But the most interesting thing in my life lately is my cat Button, who had two and a half kittens last week! And yes, half a kitten, details aren't necessary.

But both of the surviving kittens are huge, and both are toms. One is a dark tabby with beautiful markings, and the other is jet black. Both are doing great, getting fat since Button usually produces enough milk for eight kittens.

Both have her knotted up tail, too, an unusual genetic trait she's only passed on to a couple of kittens so far.

But the coolest news is that the black one opened his eyes for the first time today! He opened them, blinked, focused on me...and started hissing like a wildcat. (I find that adorable in a kitten. In women it's not as cute, but still the usual reaction too. LOL)

So there you go. With any luck the weather and work will settle down, and maybe I'll post some kitten pics.

thegayhare

Awwww

I love kittens

so feirce and wild

Tapewolf

The trouble with a kitten is that
When it grows up, it's always a cat.

--Ogden Nash

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 12, 2007, 07:28:00 PM
The trouble with a kitten is that
When it grows up, it's always a cat.

--Ogden Nash
QFT

TheGreyRonin

Ah, but I love cats. Besides, they're self-emptying rodent traps. Very nice to have when you live in the country.

Zedd

GabrielsThoughts

my cat is annoying, every time she kills a toy mouse she cries for an hour...unfortunately she does this in the middle of the night, or at four in the morning, and she's part Siamese so she talks. If you say something she'll usually respond.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

Tooooo adorable.  Especially the tabby.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly