backgrounds

Started by kalika36, February 06, 2007, 12:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalika36

hi all new here to the forum, reader since the beginning...... :kirby lol rock out kirbster

i dont know how any of you feel about myspace or xanga and what not...but i wont lie i would love to have a background code for one of the wallpapers amber has done to be my myspace background......i dunno maybe you can already do that and im just internet inept ....and if thats the case how can i do that :) :mowcookie :

Gabi

I don't have a MySpace account, but I think this should work:

<style>body { background: url(http://missmab.com/DLoads/DMFA_Wallpaper23_1024.jpg); }</style>

You can replace the URL by whatever background you prefer.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sid

Uhm... hotlinking is not exactly overly polite... not sure if Amber is okay with it or not, but normally, you should upload the image somewhere else so you don't drain Amber's bandwidth.
:boogie

llearch n'n'daCorna

Since Amber has... rather high bandwidth bills already, it's probably better to download one of them and edit it a bit first.

Bear in mind that not everyone will be using the same screen size that you do, and that the image will tile. This may or may not be something you should pay attention to - personally, I'd want a small image (in filesize) and tile it at least twice in 640x480 - three by three in 800x600, four by four in 1024x768...

Certainly try to make sure you don't have a large filesize (and unedited images from missmab.com will be large - anything over 50k or so, generally speaking)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Heh.. I remember when people decided it would be cool to use my 'Great Serpent' screenshot from U7SI as their avatar on some snake-related board.  Eventually I hit upon the idea of splitting the image down the middle so that you'd have to link both of them side by side, and edited the page accordingly.

I changed the original image to this:

..and what do you know?  The traffic for that image dropped off pretty quick, although there were still one or two lazy/dimwitted people who kept the upside-down snake with my 'stop doing that' message as their avatar  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Nice idea tape...Sides that snake scared the dinner outta me

kalika36

thanks for all the replies and what not i'll defo take all taht into consideration before doing anything.....

Sienna Maiu - M T

must delete....

xHaZxMaTx

I was wondering what 'mustr' meant.

ShiningShadow

I love the Background but there sheould be more of them like Wildly for example and Dan or Abel by himself.