2016-12-17 [DMFA #1719] A tale of Two Ferrets

Started by MT Hazard, December 19, 2016, 11:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

So begin the story of two annoyances, much alike in their taste for irritation and such.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

If we assume that Hizell goes for a surgical strike rather than stepping on the entire city block where the nightclub is, this is likely to confuse matters.  Which is not a bad thing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ArchTeryx

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 19, 2016, 11:44:14 AM
This is likely to confuse matters.  Which is not a bad thing.

Don't you just love appetizers  :3

Nightmask

It's interesting that it was made pretty clear that he NEVER changes his base form as far back as when he was forced to fake being Merlitz and yet now he's comfortable enough to do it again just to troll Wildy.  Seems getting out of SAIA and back in the real world and connecting with people has proven quite broadening for him.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Nightmask on December 19, 2016, 06:30:51 PM
It's interesting that it was made pretty clear that he NEVER changes his base form as far back as when he was forced to fake being Merlitz and yet now he's comfortable enough to do it again just to troll Wildy.  Seems getting out of SAIA and back in the real world and connecting with people has proven quite broadening for him.

More likely "He doesn't like pretending to be other people (who are most likely dead)" for his own personal reasons.

Making fun of Wildy to her face is still quite kosher.

Merlin

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on December 19, 2016, 08:13:26 PM

More likely "He doesn't like pretending to be other people (who are most likely dead)" for his own personal reasons.

No, Fi only said he nearly never changed his base form

Puyon

Quote from: Merlin on December 19, 2016, 08:24:03 PM

Here's the source for that.

Also Abel, at least when he was younger, made it clear to the shapeshifting teacher that he did not like shapeshifting. And who could really blame him for disliking shapeshifting for purposes beyond making outfits or armor?   One of the most traumatizing encounters of his life was brought on upon by someone who was shapeshifted his entire life of knowing him. I'm not sure if it's ever made clear, but I always got the impression that Abel hated changing his base form because that's what Aniz did to deceive him and May for years... changing form to look like someone else probably reminds him of Aniz, especially given the context that one of Abel's greatest fears is becoming like him.

So... seeing Abel using shapeshifting for fun and to tease Wildy is wonderful because that means that spending time with friends really is working for him because it's taking his mind off of terrible things, something he ain't had for all the time he was shacked up in SAIA. It's just as he wants it to be. He's finally living.
...By Puyon

Nightmask

Quote from: Puyon on December 19, 2016, 08:58:07 PM
Quote from: Merlin on December 19, 2016, 08:24:03 PM

Here's the source for that.

Also Abel, at least when he was younger, made it clear to the shapeshifting teacher that he did not like shapeshifting. And who could really blame him for disliking shapeshifting for purposes beyond making outfits or armor?   One of the most traumatizing encounters of his life was brought on upon by someone who was shapeshifted his entire life of knowing him. I'm not sure if it's ever made clear, but I always got the impression that Abel hated changing his base form because that's what Aniz did to deceive him and May for years... changing form to look like someone else probably reminds him of Aniz, especially given the context that one of Abel's greatest fears is becoming like him.

So... seeing Abel using shapeshifting for fun and to tease Wildy is wonderful because that means that spending time with friends really is working for him because it's taking his mind off of terrible things, something he ain't had for all the time he was shacked up in SAIA. It's just as he wants it to be. He's finally living.

Exactly, and thanks for including those references.  We get to see how Abel's character development has progressed, while he's still the deadpan snarker he has opened up and is beginning to move beyond the issues he's had after that tragic reveal regarding who and what his real father was.  He can finally feel comfortable using his shapeshifting abilities beyond the limited use of his wings for clothing or armor and see it's not going to make him more like his father and that instead it's making him more his own man who can throw off the emotional shackles his father bound him with.

PalmettoPaladin

I'm actually glad that Abel is having fun.   It does him good.

By the way, wasn't Amber working on a pic of Jin? 

Amber Williams

The next wallpaper is going to be of Jin which ideally should be done for January 1st.

But I cannot deny that of all the months of the year, December is kind of a beast so there may be a slight delay.

Cassi-kun

Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

DarkwingDude

Any time Wildy gets knocked down a peg is a good day for me. :P

Foxx Trotter

My double vision always seems to get the best of me.

Is two better than one?  That's a wild question...

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Foxx Trotter on December 26, 2016, 08:48:30 PM

You just earned +1 Karma, my friend!

Foxx Trotter

Quote from: CubiKitsune on December 27, 2016, 01:38:08 AM
Quote from: Foxx Trotter on December 26, 2016, 08:48:30 PM

You just earned +1 Karma, my friend!

Thank you.  They say patience is a virtue, but I will be I.  Happy Holidays to all. ;)