2016/07/30 [DD 30] The wheels of justice

Started by Tapewolf, July 30, 2016, 04:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

"The wheels of justice turn slowly but grind exceedingly fine"

I guess Mr. Raffles could be running the shop for a while.  Out of interest, do we know where this is set, and how illegal it is to be a trickster?
We can probably take some consolation in that no-one seems to have died as a result of these attacks and so if Tish is somehow found guilty, she's likely on the hook for assault rather than murder.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lying Foo

Pretty sure Uncle Leo lives in Gardenia... so if the king is to be believed, and really he ought to know, technically legal, but also legal to kill you.  Tish did say that authorities look the other way.

Regardless, for once, I don't think that's really the issue here.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Puyon

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 30, 2016, 04:50:05 PM
Pretty sure Uncle Leo lives in Gardenia...

I believe he lives in Varia. ...At least, that is so if any of Jinx's tale is to be believed. And I don't know how illegal it really is to be a trickster there... which is funny to say the least since I set Puyon's story in Varia.. I mean. At least we know it's not legal to be a trickster there... Hey, Leo's been at this for awhile. He'll be fiiiiine.

I wonder what's gonna be up with the whole legal thing. What exactly to you try someone for, here? Embezzlement ...of blood?
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on July 30, 2016, 05:17:05 PM
I wonder what's gonna be up with the whole legal thing. What exactly to you try someone for, here? Embezzlement ...of blood?

In British law it might count as Grievous Bodily Harm.

Though that does remind me, I meant to ask - what are 'blood regs'?

Puyon

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 30, 2016, 05:23:20 PM

Regs are things people use to cast spells... 'regeants' being what they're actually called. So more obscure/complex spells/curses might use blood as a regeant for which Tish seems to be the only supplier of, so yeah, that'll raise some eyebrows.
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on July 30, 2016, 08:30:25 PM
'regeants' being what they're actually called.

Aah, that makes more sense.  'Regs' normally stands for 'regulations' and  have never come across it as a shorthand for 'reagents'.  They're not even pronounced the same way...

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 30, 2016, 09:00:30 PM
Aah, that makes more sense.  'Regs' normally stands for 'regulations' and  have never come across it as a shorthand for 'reagents'.  They're not even pronounced the same way...

Ultima Online >:3 Oh the hours spent at the bank tricking piles of regs from people

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 30, 2016, 05:23:20 PM

I was wanting to know that myself. Makes sense now!

Merlin

Fair enough! I've updated the comic to make it more clear that regs are reagents. Thanks! :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on August 01, 2016, 04:05:58 AM
Fair enough! I've updated the comic to make it more clear that regs are reagents. Thanks! :3

Thanks.  I don't remember seeing any of the Ultima games call them that either, though I never played UO.