2016/02/19 [DD-9] Contrabands

Started by Tapewolf, February 19, 2016, 11:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Oooh!  So does that mean that because Jake is the God of Dreams, that sleeping potions are His magic and therefore highly illegal?  Because that would be a rather cool side-effect that I'd never thought of.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

I think anything that requires Jake's magic be used is illegal since only tricksters can use trickster magic... two examples I've seen is Val's ring and Shauni's necklace, which are both illusion based. Since tricksters can use sleep magic, they probably need a similar magic used for a potion or charm... I wonder if confusion magic or blind magic can be used to make anything... or if tricksters can make other neat enchantments like items that block against confusion or sleep... maybe like a wakefulness potion... or like glasses that can see through illusions... or would that be more of a Jude thing? Ah, but I digress.

The fact that this is oddly seeming like a drug deal. I wonder if kids in schools get taught to stay away from trickster magic/items/deals similar to a D.A.R.E. type program. 'Remember kids! Say no to tricks! Repeat after me! Just say 'no'!'
...By Puyon

Ellian

"Remember kids! Say no to tricks!" just made me chuckle. They probably don't celebrate Halloween in LaRaGa, otherwise saying "Trick or treat" could get you in trouble, I guess.
Even if it's only nine pages so far, I've already grown to like "Death's Door" a lot.

BTW: It's hard to say as a non-native speaker, but maybe replacing "anymore" by "any more" in the last speech bubble would be a little more elegant, IMHO.

Merlin

Quote from: Ellian on February 27, 2016, 02:25:35 PM
"Remember kids! Say no to tricks!" just made me chuckle. They probably don't celebrate Halloween in LaRaGa, otherwise saying "Trick or treat" could get you in trouble, I guess.
Even if it's only nine pages so far, I've already grown to like "Death's Door" a lot.

BTW: It's hard to say as a non-native speaker, but maybe replacing "anymore" by "any more" in the last speech bubble would be a little more elegant, IMHO.

Thanks! You're right, that's a bit of a typo. I'll get that fixed up right away!

Lying Foo

Odd sort of connection here - Peony would have you believe that she would be walking the mile already.  Guessing this doesn't take place in D'ev...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.