2016/01/02 [Breaking #76] A grudge

Started by Tapewolf, January 02, 2016, 03:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Those two bandits seem really happy, despite that they're going to be handed over to the authorities as soon as the caravan reaches civilisation. Maybe they're trying to enjoy life while they still can, or maybe they're likely to get off easy with "attempted banditry" since they got completely owned.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

They're probably going to be just fine as they seem to attempt this stuff again later (http://dhscomix.com/comics/comic.php?v=35&p=17) I mean... I'm pretty sure the frame for Breaking and RE take place around the same time, and they appear a lot later into RE so I can safely assume that when they appear in RE it's a lot later after this...

...ah, but I wonder if they know they're going to get off easy. Maybe they're just smug because they got to make their captor upset.

Actually, I'm not sure if bandits even get executed automatically... that 'honor' seems to be reserved for tricksters... and even unquestionable murderers (dark winged featheries) are able to walk around freely.
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on January 02, 2016, 08:02:55 PM
They're probably going to be just fine as they seem to attempt this stuff again later (http://dhscomix.com/comics/comic.php?v=35&p=17) I mean... I'm pretty sure the frame for Breaking and RE take place around the same time, and they appear a lot later into RE so I can safely assume that when they appear in RE it's a lot later after this...

Ooh, I hadn't noticed that.  Yes.  I think chronologically that works...

QuoteActually, I'm not sure if bandits even get executed automatically... that 'honor' seems to be reserved for tricksters... and even unquestionable murderers (dark winged featheries) are able to walk around freely.
Hard to say.  Unless I'm way off base, page 73 is suggesting that they're entitled to kill them out of hand but chose not to.
A lot will depend on how enlightened the society is and how big a problem they have with bandits.  Medieval societies tend to reach for the death penalty first, even for something as trivial as stealing a loaf of bread, and robbery with violence is unlikely to be punished less harshly.
In the UK, the last execution for highway robbery was something like 1815, long after society ceased to resemble this kind of medieval fantasy world.  (And I think it carried life imprisonment after that)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on January 02, 2016, 08:02:55 PM
Actually, I'm not sure if bandits even get executed automatically... that 'honor' seems to be reserved for tricksters... and even unquestionable murderers (dark winged featheries) are able to walk around freely.

Actually, the black wing thing isn't a given - guards, adventurers and others who were legally entitled to kill someone will also have black wings so it's not necessarily a good indicator.