2015/07/17 [DMFA #1589] Being the daughter of a war instigator is no fun

Started by VAE, July 17, 2015, 06:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

As the title says.

What can I say, Destania has been one of my favourite DMFA characters since forever, and this just makes me like her more.
Though, funnily enough what Fa'lina did, providing a safe base of operations, in effect, might well be the best weapon she could have asked for - and if Destania's plan of dragon genocide will succeed, it'll be a proof of that.

Same goes for Cyra - there's little she would accomplish by dying, rather than living on to fight another day, as they say.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Dard

I agree that Cyra could have done little in the war, but still I think it is a valid point.

Cyra completely isolated herself and that didn't stop when the war ended. Okay, so maybe the war never really ended, but I still would have expected to her to take a bit more of an active role trying to heal the emotional and diplomatic wounds her actions have caused.

It looks like she did nothing like that.
Okay, this might not have helped Destania much since she was already on the road that Fa'Lina described here.
But still, I can't help but wonder if she should have done more.

MT Hazard

For some reason the first thing I noticed about this page was the the cat head shaped window in her dress.

Also, is the the first time than a boon (presumably from Mab) was mentioned in conjunction with the building of SAIA?

Well, if Dan is going to write a letter to his mother, at least he will be point it from a place of knowledge, he may not send questions, but a plea to stop her plan.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

lemurvid

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 17, 2015, 07:19:14 AM
For some reason the first thing I noticed about this page was the the cat head shaped window in her dress.
Apparently that's a thing now. IRL. Kitty Cat lingerie.
Okay. Destania's not wearing lingerie here, but the hole's real enough. It was a topic on the Katbox recently.
Well, it would be.

Jasonrevall

Also, is the the first time than a boon (presumably from Mab) was mentioned in conjunction with the building of SAIA?

I believe it is the first time one of the other boons was mentioned yeah. Mab is definitely a mysterious purple floof cat.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tapewolf

Well, if Dan is going to write a letter to his mother, at least he will be point it from a place of knowledge, he may not send questions, but a plea to stop her plan.

He'd probably end up on her hit list as well.  I think she's of the "either for us or against us" mindset.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 17, 2015, 10:58:30 AM

He'd probably end up on her hit list as well.  I think she's of the "either for us or against us" mindset.
Considering how easily she discarded Alexsi, it seems likely.

Though it occurs to me now: how would Edward feel about THAT... and would Dee actually care?

She's trying to have one of Dan's allies killed as it is and most likely DID kill Merlitz, after all.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

MT Hazard

Quote from: Cassi-kun on July 17, 2015, 06:48:10 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 17, 2015, 10:58:30 AM

He'd probably end up on her hit list as well.  I think she's of the "either for us or against us" mindset.
Considering how easily she discarded Alexsi, it seems likely.

Though it occurs to me now: how would Edward feel about THAT... and would Dee actually care?

She's trying to have one of Dan's allies killed as it is and most likely DID kill Merlitz, after all.

The difference is that Dan is her biological child and clan member, pretty sure 'rebuild clan' is part of her plans.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 18, 2015, 05:53:59 AM
The difference is that Dan is her biological child and clan member, pretty sure 'rebuild clan' is part of her plans.
I wouldn't put that much stock in it.  She sent him to DP where he very nearly died, again.  He could even have been a test to make sure she can still bear children...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cassi-kun

And then there's the part where Zezzuva told him to his face that Dee doesn't/CAN'T love him.

HaDDea

A thought occurs: When Aniz and Destania were dating, talks began of an alliance between Siar and Cyra. With all the resentment floating around directed at Dee/Cyra, may some angry 'cubi or even clan have tipped off Hizell about the alliance, prompting him to go and attack and destroy Siar? Also, in light of this new info, it explains why Dee wants to destroy Abel so much - any reminder of Aniz and those brief halcyon days of happiness (and how they ended) would be excruciating.

VAE

Quote from: Cassi-kun on July 18, 2015, 12:55:53 PM
And then there's the part where Zezzuva told him to his face that Dee doesn't/CAN'T love him.
Granted, Zezzuva has an axe to grind as well.

I don't think Dee would want any bad for Dan unless he absolutely puts her plans at risk in some manner.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Cassi-kun

Quote from: HaDDea on July 18, 2015, 01:37:08 PM
A thought occurs: When Aniz and Destania were dating, talks began of an alliance between Siar and Cyra. With all the resentment floating around directed at Dee/Cyra, may some angry 'cubi or even clan have tipped off Hizell about the alliance, prompting him to go and attack and destroy Siar? Also, in light of this new info, it explains why Dee wants to destroy Abel so much - any reminder of Aniz and those brief halcyon days of happiness (and how they ended) would be excruciating.
Dee's relationship with Abel is probably the best indicator of her crazy so far.

"Join me or stay out of my way! ...Thanks for staying out of my way these past forty years, everything is your fault and you deserve to die alone, haha you're bleeding."

Though her comment that "it's what we ALL deserve" makes much more sense now that we have context.

justacritic

You know, looking back on the entire trend of history of Furrae. It looks like an ever growing spiral of misery and death with the suffering increased and passed down on the next generation.

Gelpi

Kind of a weird observation but I flipped through the archives and it seems like only Cyra and Siar have/had dragon heads on their wings.  I don't think it was mentioned how Siar became a clan leader but what if it was also dragon related and that's why her clan was targeted? 

HaDDea

Quote from: Gelpi on July 23, 2015, 08:34:49 AM
Kind of a weird observation but I flipped through the archives and it seems like only Cyra and Siar have/had dragon heads on their wings.  I don't think it was mentioned how Siar became a clan leader but what if it was also dragon related and that's why her clan was targeted? 

I suppose it may be possible - but I get the feeling that Siar was one of the last batch of tri-wings produced around 20 000 years ago; after that, it became nearly impossible to ascend for some reason, save by consuming another tri-wing's soul (whether passed on voluntarily or not). Cyra was the first to ascend on outside power in over ten millenia. 

Now, it may be that if Siar's ascension somehow unsettled the dragons a little, they may have curtailed 'cubi power somehow, but I think not. I suspect that if Siar's story mirrored Cyra's, then the Dragon-Cubi war would've happened ~15k years ago, instead of more recently.

I think Siar was targeted in the same way most 'cubi are being targeted - Cyra seriously rustled the dragons' jimmies by showing them that widdle insignificant 'cubi can take their most powerful down - kinda the same way diseases can. So they are now proceeding to wipe out the " 'cubi disease".   

I'm not sure what inspires the tentacle heads for 'cubi - heck, we even have a clan without them (Piflak). Maybe it has to do with the leather vs. feather wings? Maybe a clan leader gets to pick? Do the Dimanika have lollipops for tentacle heads? octopi??? Maybe Amber can enlighten us - or if it's been answered already, one of the other forumites.

VAE

Quote from: justacritic on July 22, 2015, 08:18:11 PM
You know, looking back on the entire trend of history of Furrae. It looks like an ever growing spiral of misery and death with the suffering increased and passed down on the next generation.
Makes it remarkably like the 20th century, eh.
Saphroneth