2015/07/10 [DMFA #1588] Embracing the pain

Started by MT Hazard, July 10, 2015, 05:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

More info on emotion affinity, suggesting that cubi are more ruled by biology and instinct that I thought. It also suggests this could be the reason for Dan's heroic tendencies and habit of getting hurt.

I don't know how I'd feel, knowing that large aspects of my life weren't due to choice, that I was always going to be this way regardless of my beliefs. For cubi it seems biology is* destiny.

* or at least a large influence on.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tarakona

This is a very deep question that everyone, fact or fiction, faces at some point. Why was Harry Potter not sorted into Slytherin House? Because he asked not to be. People are born with or into situations, but they have the ability to choose their path. So, my clan affinity is pain. Does that mean I study (and eventually teach) the best ways to cause it? Or, do I empathicly seek out those in pain to help them heal?

People grieve in different ways, and most of them are valid ways. However, at some point, you have to stop and decide whether you want to be ruled by your situation, or to rule it. I realize this is a fantasy world with creatures whose motivations are understood only by their creator. But, plenty of humans have experienced so much pain and horror that most would understand if the emotion defined them. Pain is what they understand - what drives them, and I do think pain is an emotion. It can be all-consuming.

I apologize for the wall of text, but pain is part of who I am. Between chronic joint disorders and personal situations, pain is what energizes me in the deepest parts of my soul. Still, I could choose to dissolve in a ball of tears, or I could choose to pull myself up and keep going. Sometimes, the choice isn't all that clear.

In the end, it is our choices which determine who we are, and like Destania's choice to embrace pain, they affect our world and our loved ones.

Delian Williams

And maybe it even affects, what friendships we uphold...

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Tapewolf

Heh, another one of those comics where I have a sudden panic and wonder if I'm going to have to do any retconning in PF, and then realise that it mostly works anyway.  Daryil clan is officially 'fear and wonder' and while Daryil doesn't do fear very much, he certainly does well with the wonder thing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 10, 2015, 09:50:25 AM
Heh, another one of those comics where I have a sudden panic and wonder if I'm going to have to do any retconning in PF, and then realise that it mostly works anyway.  Daryil clan is officially 'fear and wonder' and while Daryil doesn't do fear very much, he certainly does will with the wonder thing.

If I was in a room with him, I'd be wondering what I should fear next... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Scow2

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 10, 2015, 05:44:14 AM
More info on emotion affinity, suggesting that cubi are more ruled by biology and instinct that I thought. It also suggests this could be the reason for Dan's heroic tendencies and habit of getting hurt.

I don't know how I'd feel, knowing that large aspects of my life weren't due to choice, that I was always going to be this way regardless of my beliefs. For cubi it seems biology is* destiny.

* or at least a large influence on.
Not destiny. Neurological processing. You are already built this way, just to a lesser extent.

Alondro

Charline's belongs to the clan of being 100% badass (imagine a whole clan of cubi exactly like DBZ: Abridged Vegeta).   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

e_voyager

Quote from: Alondro on July 15, 2015, 12:38:08 PM
Charline's belongs to the clan of being 100% badass (imagine a whole clan of cubi exactly like DBZ: Abridged Vegeta).   ;)
when i saw this i couldn't help but think this
"Clan Vegeta abridged Now we feed on you emotions while kicking you butt and being general badass's . if you're not afraid yet you will be. "
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey