2014/10/13 [DMFA #1523] - The squealing bowling ball is coming!

Started by ZacAttac21, October 13, 2014, 03:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

Click here to see a sneak peek of the next page! ;)

Prroul

While narrative time and our time are always going to be out of sync in a web comic wherein a single fight scene can take a full month to portray, this calls back to a comic a number of years ago. But, as I go over the archives (I swear, they're worse than a Wiki-Walk), I realize that... yea, that's about the right time frame.

A slightly chilling idea is that this is coming to a head right when Des is going completely off the chain and might try to pull something on the guy who de-railed her attempt to kill Abel cleanly. Have pity if someone tries something in that direction right now. Because Jyrras and his new three-sizes-larger spine might start reaching into his 'box of scraps'. Not to mention Kria might have a bit to say about that. In fact, that might even be impetus enough to get DP to work together with Dan.

Anyway, let's hope it's just a way to keep Devin from being formally introduced to Abel, and nothing more comes of it. Because honestly, anything more would push the comic to a much darker place than it is now.

Chairtastic

Didn't Abel know about the pregnancy already?
*brief logdive* Yeah, but that was years ago relative to here.  Comic for confirmation: Here.

Maybe he just forgot?

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Meany on October 13, 2014, 11:56:38 AMMaybe he just forgot?
Possible. Abel's not really used to caring about the people in his immediate vicinity - caring about somebody he's never met is probably still a bit beyond him, haha.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

FoxFeather

BABY! =D Wonder if this will revive Jyras' baby phobia? x3

Techcubi

Tuyu

Quote from: Meany on October 13, 2014, 11:56:38 AM
Didn't Abel know about the pregnancy already?
*brief logdive* Yeah, but that was years ago relative to here.  Comic for confirmation: Here.

Maybe he just forgot?
I would think 'tis a joke, regarding how long that pregnancy has been going on from the readers' perspective...

But the last time Amber answered questions about it, I thought she said it hadn't been that long. Hope everything's all right.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Ah... the baby.
I remember that. I was in high school at the time, reading in the school library. (And seeing the actual comic, whoo-boy... has the style ever changed! :o )
I'm pretty sure that Abel is only flirting with the fourth-wall.

Funny how when I was seventeen, Jy being twenty-one seemed entirely (well, "somewhat") reasonable.
Now eight years later at twenty-five myself, (exactly equidistant to Jy's age from either side, actually...) he seems just way too young. (Even with his whole young genius thing, it seems more plausible that he be two years older.) Still, the younger age might make more sense for his spazzing out and over-reacting to situations.
What's the age of majority/legal drinking age in Furrae anyway?
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread