2014/08/18 - [DMFA #1509] According to the symptoms...

Started by Hariman, August 18, 2014, 12:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hariman

Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Viking ZX

Wow. Wildy-San getting introspective? That's dangerous. And unexpected ... yet not. Well done.

I wonder what Wildy's thoughts mean for the future...
I'm an author! Check out my site!

lemurvid

Quote from: Viking ZX on August 18, 2014, 12:41:38 AM
Wow. Wildy-San getting introspective? That's dangerous. And unexpected ... yet not. Well done.

She's worried for her unborn child.
No, wait...

Tapewolf

I don't as a rule think much of Wildy's attitude (or at least her projected attitude), but this is right on the money. 

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

I like to see adventuring as a necessary evil in this world. At least Wildy is acknowledging how ugly it can get.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Hariman

Quote from: lemurvid on August 18, 2014, 04:09:34 AM

No, wait...

O_o Maybe she and Nitemyste were closer than everyone thought.

Although, can you imagine Wildy giving birth? That's an occasion for a "minimum safe distance" if there ever was one!

Probably, or at least possibly something good. Maybe. If even Wildy can take a step back and reconsider the current state of living in Furrae, then there's a chance that demons and other creatures can too.

"Kria, how would you feel if someone decided to kill Lorenda to get revenge on what you did to them?" *Is suddenly pinned to a wall by a snarling Kria.* "I thought so! That's how Beings feel when you eat their family!"
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Hariman on August 18, 2014, 10:56:14 AM
"Kria, how would you feel if someone decided to kill Lorenda to get revenge on what you did to them?" *Is suddenly pinned to a wall by a snarling Kria.* "I thought so! That's how Beings feel when you eat their family!"

... Rather you than me. I sure wouldn't suggest that in front of her - at least, not phrased like that.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Hariman

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 18, 2014, 01:37:37 PM

... Rather you than me. I sure wouldn't suggest that in front of her - at least, not phrased like that.

Indeed.

Lorenda might actually be the best one to ask that question, as she's family, and Kria seems to have a "no physically attacking family" policy.

Zebra Bug

Wildy-san is outside her comfort zone here. I like that she is actually thinking things through, and I have a feeling that Biggs is listening to her more than he lets on, but considering his plans with Destania...I don't think peaceful resolutions are in his ballpark.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Kibin

Quote from: Hariman on August 18, 2014, 07:47:39 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 18, 2014, 01:37:37 PM

Indeed.

Lorenda might actually be the best one to ask that question, as she's family, and Kria seems to have a "no physically attacking family" policy.

Aside from her selling out her brother. For a check. Or at least planning on it.

Admittedly she is weird with her children(and UndeadDevin) though, yes. So... yeah, I'm quite honestly not sure how she'd react.

Prroul

No, wait...

Although, can you imagine Wildy giving birth? That's an occasion for a "minimum safe distance" if there ever was one!
I"m not sure there would BE a 'minimum safe distance' on that one. Maybe another dimension? FaeHome?

Probably, or at least possibly something good. Maybe. If even Wildy can take a step back and reconsider the current state of living in Furrae, then there's a chance that demons and other creatures can too.

Then again, knowing Kria, she might respond thusly:

"And do you know what the difference between your revenge and mine is? I'm actually able to accomplish it." *schlork*

Hariman

Quote from: Prroul on August 19, 2014, 11:09:44 PM

No, wait...

I"m not sure there would BE a 'minimum safe distance' on that one. Maybe another dimension? FaeHome?

Even the Fae realm might not be safe.

Or, you know, they'll just have to cordon off that wing of the hospital.

Then again, knowing Kria, she might respond thusly:

"And do you know what the difference between your revenge and mine is? I'm actually able to accomplish it." *schlork*

Eh, I'd think Kria would go for more of a "punch the offending person through the wall" for the act of pointing out hypocrisy. Or she'd get the hots for him. Remember what happened when Jyrras chomped on her ankle?

Elosan

Ok.  Time for my first post on here (besides my introduction XD )

Quote from: Eboreg on August 18, 2014, 07:39:11 AM
I like to see adventuring as a necessary evil in this world. At least Wildy is acknowledging how ugly it can get.

I rather agree with you when it comes to this.  Unless there are serious cultural changes made, adventurers will continue to be needed.  Same with daemons I think, I believe the are culturally pressured to be destroyers and conquerers.  Though, I forget, are Beings considered prey to some species/races?  As in a food source?  If that is the case, adventurers I think will never go away.

However, Wildy does bring up an excellent point.  The line between seeking justice and revenge can become rather blurred.  To me, becoming an adventurer to seek justice means that you are becoming an adventurer to prevent crimes occurring on other beings.  However, becoming an adventurer for pure revenge is more for a personnel issues.  An adventure seeking vengeance could potentially ignore other attacks on beings, unless the attacks are some how related to his/her personnel vendetta.

Oh, and one last thing, am I the only getting a "Game of Thrones" chill lately from the past major events in the comic?  I am not saying that the story is like "Game of Thrones", but I am have this really bad feeling quite a few characters (especially ones I like  :erk ) are going to be killed off in the near future :-/

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Hariman

Quote from: Elosan on August 22, 2014, 09:04:16 AM
Ok.  Time for my first post on here (besides my introduction XD )

<snip>

Oh, and one last thing, am I the only getting a "Game of Thrones" chill lately from the past major events in the comic?  I am not saying that the story is like "Game of Thrones", but I am have this really bad feeling quite a few characters (especially ones I like  :erk ) are going to be killed off in the near future :-/

Heh. I have a feeling that your feeling will go unfulfilled. It's just a hunch, based on the nature of the comic thus far.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 22, 2014, 11:17:23 AM
Quote from: Hariman on August 20, 2014, 01:10:30 PM
Or, you know, they'll just have to cordon off that wing of the hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElOEwtx7wjA ? ;-]

*Laughs quite loudly, almost cackling.*

I think even Heath Ledger's version of the Joker would stay clear of Wildy during childbirth. I suspect there will be full plate and many protection spells involved.

Or, you know, lots of cussing and a crushed boyfriend/hubby hand.

Alondro

*Charline nods at Wildy's musings over 'where it all ends'*  Yes, once I am the last one standing, I will indeed be satisfied. 

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif