Apparently I'm Only Half Crazy...

Started by Dishonored, July 03, 2014, 05:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dishonored

I finally got back to my neurologist, and found out the results of my tests. And as usual, my lack of faith in modern medicine has been justified.
Apparently I'm having both epileptic and non-epileptic seizures, but the two I had while under observation were both non-epileptic. The way it was described to me is that epileptic seizures are little lightning storms in your brain, whole the others are sort of full-body muscle spasms that are triggered by something else, like stress, allergies, etc.
So. Now I'm getting the double thrill of taking reduced seizure meds while seeing a counselor in hopes of finding out what is triggering them. My first guess: The fact that I'm still having the "normal" seizures is stressing me out!
*Ahem* Anyways, that's where I stand after literally $12,000+ in tests. No serious change in my status, but hey, at least I know I'm not just crazy. Right?

...Right?
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

ZacAttac21

Since when does frequent seizures = crazy?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm with Cubi, here.

... although the fact you keep coming back to here kinda puts you in the "crazy" bucket with the rest of us weirdos...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dishonored

Quote from: CubiKitsune on July 03, 2014, 10:46:13 PM
Since when does frequent seizures = crazy?

From the counseling aspect of it. If I can, in theory, have my seizure rates lowered simply by talking to a complete stranger, it sort of implies I'm a touch bit unhinged.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 04, 2014, 05:02:17 AM

... although the fact you keep coming back to here kinda puts you in the "crazy" bucket with the rest of us weirdos...

Heh. I openly admit to being a fairly high-functioning sociopath with a wide streak of paranoia. To me, all of you are quite sane.  :)
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dishonored on July 04, 2014, 04:14:59 PM
Heh. I openly admit to being a fairly high-functioning sociopath with a wide streak of paranoia. To me, all of you are quite sane.  :)

Uh huh. I'll beg to differ. Maybe not in my case (although I'll reserve judgement) but I've seen some pretty nutso people wander through these halls...

Sprocketsdance

llearch n'n'daCorna

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 07, 2014, 05:42:16 PM
Quote from: Dishonored on July 04, 2014, 04:14:59 PM

Uh huh. I'll beg to differ. Maybe not in my case (although I'll reserve judgement) but I've seen some pretty nutso people wander through these halls...

Someone call me?   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on July 11, 2014, 11:33:02 AM
Someone call me?   >:3

Not at this time, but we could page you later if you like.